X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 position for google

Hi guys,
    I have read that the h tags are like a title to highlight what is about to follow on the text below. My h1 was 'Tour New zealand in small groups'. Then I've changed it to 'the new zealand tour of your dreams'.

I have done that and put the text right bellow the 'html box' which reads 'the new zealand tour of your dreams', as you can see on the link.
    I then have lost important positions just after doing that.
    Any ideas why? Because I have a new h1 maybe?

Thanks a lot!
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: h1 position for google

I would think its because you had good relevance in you page via the title/keywords/Description & text within the page to "Tour New Zealand in small groups" as a phrase & its now been removed with very little relevance to the phrase 'the new zealand tour of your dreams' in these same areas. You are telling the SE's that the H1 tag 'the New Zealand tour of your dreams' is about the most important description of your pages content, but it's only has the relevance once on the page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris.
      So you think I should go back as it was before? Any damage to keep changing it? (regards SEO)
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Or change the page title & some content to be more relevant with this new h1 tag.
        Its a bit of a case of what you think is the best phrase & also what someone might type as a search. I would have thought something with Group tours would be a better bet than dreams.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I agree .... "New Zealand Small Group Tours & Professionally Guided Excursions" is much greater value to your site metrics than "The New Zealand Tour of Your Dreams" any day of the week ....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

I don't have H1 tags how and where do I add them.

Also does anyone have any other SEO ideas for the site http://www.irishliquidations.ie

Thanks

Comment

Hi Vasili,
              Have changed ny h1 to: New Zealand Tours in Small Groups.
              Then I have the related text coming afterwards. No problem.
              Question: Why I can't see this related text close to the h1 tag when I see the 'page source'? It seems isolated at the end of the code and far from the content.
              As we've discused above, the h1 serves to introduce the text that comes after. It's fine when you see the page live, but it's not when you see the code. And I guess the code is the most important thing for the SE's, right?

N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

If you use the tags, make sure you use them correctly. Vasili gave you great information and the change is good, however what he gave you is much better than what you did. H tags are titles - not complete sentences and don't need words that aren't necessary. And you should research the words people find you by to make the title really effective. But if you prefer yours to what he wrote, how about: New Zealand Small Group Tours. That gets rid of the extra.

Your h1 tag reads exactly how it should - it has to give the color, type text, etc in the position it's in.

That said - what is the purpose of the h6 tag? It's not good working for any tag? And I don't know why you are adding more h tags. Use the important h1 tag on each page - and don't use any other h tags. Or at least not more than a couple. And the h2 tag isn't good either - again - it's a sentence - and it's not your keywords - NO ONE is searching for Let Us.." and why do you have an h tag ABOVE the h1 - the h1 should be the TOP headline on the page.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth,
                  - I tought h tags were sentences to introduce the text that was about to come... Now I know that it can be a title (without a verb : Tour NZ in..)
                  - New Zealand Tours is how people find me. It's the most important key word. If I go for what Vasili suggest ("....& Professionally Guided Excursions") , I should have "....& Professionally Guided Excursions" in the page as well, right? Some work to do then, and rewrite a few things!

Important: what do you mean by "and why do you have an h tag ABOVE the h1 - the h1 should be the TOP headline on the page."?

When you see the page, NZ Small Group Tours (have followed your advice!) is right on the top of the page: www.nzbrtours.com. Maybe not when you see the 'page source' and that's what I meant before, why?Thanks again,
                  N Z B R
                  t o u r s
                  New Zealand Tours
                  Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                  Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

OK, when you add things to the page, it changes the order in the source. You can fix this by using the bring to front option.

That said - you just stated here that "New Zealand Tours" is how people find you. But you put NZ Small Group Tours as the headline. Do they find you with NZ or New Zealand? I would think you need both on the page, but whichever way is the most popular search method should be the H1 tag - so make sure that's the one you use.

Please, click on the ebook in my signature. It's short, not much in it, needs desperately to be updated, but hopefully will help you understand the h tag better. Briefly an h tag is used on a headline.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi again Beth,
                      Spend hours reading all the info you've recommended. Thanks!
                      One of the tools I've liked most is the 'Spider Simulator', which 'displays the contents of a web page in exactly the way the search engine spider would see it'.
                      Well...I've mentioned above that I was a bit worried that my main keyword was at the bottom of the source. Here's my page using the above tool:

My feeling is that the SE's are 'seeing' lot's of 'not so important codes' , such as decoration, underline,etc..(and my main keyword is at the end of this box - you can't see it). The 'real' text comes after all these codes as well.

Here is my main competition's code so you'll know what I mean:

They have only relevant info, such as new zealand, tours, etc..

You've said that I could use the 'bring to front option', to bring my h1 tool to the top of the code? Question: where is this tool in BV? I know the one related to txt and images, but in regards to place the info on the top of the source... Or better, do we have the ability to do that as we place the text on the page?

Hope I've made myself clear and you have some time to reply (again!
                      Thanks a lot!
                      N Z B R
                      t o u r s
                      New Zealand Tours
                      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Found out a way of sending the 'important' info to the top of the code. Quite simple actualy. As Beth said above, the last thing that we write on the page goes at the end of the html code. I'm going to delete the 'not so important' info: pictures not important, logos,etc... leaving only the keywords and my h1 tag. After publishing it (page will be almost blank), and leaving it online for just a few moments, I will put everything back again.
                        If the SE's give more value (finding your keywords on the top) to what come first in the code, I reckon this is the way of doing it.

Cheers,
                        N Z B R
                        t o u r s
                        New Zealand Tours
                        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding to move to front, move to back, move forward, move back. I can't offhand remember which one you have to use to get things in the right order, but if you right click on any element on the page, you have those options. Then when you make changes, use that to get the element you want where you want it - I'd have to play to remember - which I'll have to do next time I need it - but this time will let you.

It's much easier than removing all the element and doing what you just stated, but that will work, also. Would take me forever, as I have hundreds of elements on most pages to do what you just said. :)
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Real, ethical SEO takes a lot of work, and the "art" of it all rests upon being more precise than a computer yet as naturally formatted to consistently "raise the bar" when it comes to strategic perspective: you want to intuitively know how the SE's are like to evolve, and always be in front of them without constantly tweaking your composed Content.

Notwithstanding, much of this frustration and spinning of wheels is like splitting hairs without makeing a inch of forward progress ..... don't over-complicate things in the persuit of myopic perfection!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X