X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi user access to Ecommerce site

Hi,
    I am new to Voda. I am a website designer and am interested in using SohoLaunch to set up an ecommerce site for one of my clients.
    Can I set up a site on my pc and then hand it over to my client to update on their own pc?
    Could the website be updated from any p.c.?
    Can my client use their own previously bought domain name?
    Regards,
    Steve Anthony.

Re: Multi user access to Ecommerce site

Two ways to do this:

1. Purchase a personal hosting account under the name of your client, assigning the pre-existing Domain name as Primary, and then using Fantastico in cPanel, install Soholaunch and configure. When the job is completed, simply turn over control of the account (User Name, Password, etc.) to the client to manage in perpetuity themselves.

2. Purchase a Reseller hosting account and then sell your client a hosting account with an assigned cPanel to which the pre-exisiting Domain is assigned (you can create the account for them from within the Reseller Admin Dashboard, once they pay you for this hosting). For the reseller hosting account cPanel you have the option of either auto-loading Soholaunch via Fantastico or to purchase the Soholaunch script directly from Soholaunch and manually install and configure within the new client hosting account. When completed, simply "deliver" the account (including cPanel User Name, Password, etc.) to the client who will then manage their hosting account they purchased from you in perpetuity.

There is no possibility of purchasing a personal hosting account and "sharing" cPanels or to establish "multi-User" access to a single cPanel --- the above methods are the only allowed ways of accomplishing what you intend without violating Terms of Service.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

New Reseller Account

Hi,
      I was advised that I could purchase a Reseller hosting account and then sell my new client a hosting account with an assigned cPanel to which their pre-exisiting Domain could be assigned. I understand and have implemented that bit.

My client needs to have Soholaunch as they want a shopping cart on their new website (which I am building for them). I was given the option of either
      (a) auto-loading Soholaunch via Fantastico in the cPanel or
      (b) to purchase the Soholaunch script directly from Soholaunch and manually install and configure within the new client hosting account.
      Can someone please elaborate on options (a) and (b) as I am confused.
      Apologies for my lack of understanding but this is all new to me.
      Steve.

Comment

Re: New Reseller Account

Originally posted by spidermansteve View Post
        My client needs to have Soholaunch as they want a shopping cart on their new website (which I am building for them).
        You do not create a website and then install Soholaunch onto it -- Soholaunch is a dynamic web building script unto itself that has a built-in shopping cart/eCommerce function: you can "turn on" that function and have a fully-featured shopping cart website, or you can "turn off" that function as have a robust "standard" website designed using the features and functions available.
        As a scripted website builder, Soholaunch is not a software title that you download and install locally, it is a fully self-contained script that is installed directly onto the server, and has an Admin Dashboard that is accessible only online from which you customize, update, configure, and otherwise manage from within.
        You can link to a Soholaunch installation from a static website, but you cannot incorporate it into the build itself, no matter what tool you use to build the static website.
        * You should probably do some due diligence and study the materials information and review the functionality of Soholaunch directly from the official website, www.Soholaunch.com to make sure you understand what you are getting into as you develop your "Webmaster" expertise.

Originally posted by spidermansteve View Post
        I was given the option of either
        (a) auto-loading Soholaunch via Fantastico in the cPanel or
        (b) to purchase the Soholaunch script directly from Soholaunch and manually install and configure within the new client hosting account.
        Can someone please elaborate on options (a) and (b) as I am confused.
        Apologies for my lack of understanding but this is all new to me.
        Again, this goes to the facts detailed above of how Soholaunch is a web builder script with powerful eCommerce capabilities built-in to be installed directly on the server and is not a software title or design utility that is loaded onto a local system.

In both the personal hosting accounts and the Reseller hosting accounts offered from VodaHost, there is a Control Panel (cPanel) included to manage all aspects of that particular hosting account (at the server level). Within each cPanel is an added feature called "Fantastico!" which offers the User the option to auto-load various scripts with just a few clicks, such as Wordpress, osCommerce, phpBB Forum, and Soholaunch Web Builder. This is a welcome feature included free in the version of cPanel offered by VodaHost, as the convenience of instant loading of popular scripts pre-configured and fully functional cannot be beat, let alone the savings it represents were you to go and pay individually for the licesnses to use each script and then manually install them and configure the databases, set up the server associations, etc. The ease of loading via "Fantastico!" many of the popular titles makes manual installations far less a task for the unitiated or novice "Webmaster" and elevates the success rate for internet development significantly.

There is also an auto-update feature for installed scripts in cPanel, so it is easy to upgrade your installations when necessary to further keep up to date with security patches, etc. Manual installations require manual updating, again, not the easiest task for the novice.

As with doing your due diligence in studying Soholaunch as suggested above, you should do the same with regard to cPanel by studying the available information from their official website at www.cpanel.com , knowing that VodaHost includes cPanel as an added feature within all of their hosting accunt options.

There really is no further discussion required .... it is up to you now use the available resources to understand all that you are required to know to make progress independently!

Easier to understand now?

Comment

Re: Multi user access to Ecommerce site

Comment

Working...
          X