No announcement yet.

a ghost in my format, making me crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a ghost in my format, making me crazy!

I designed a new index page for the holidays. Viewed/published fine. I added some text under a photo link to the amazon catalog near the top left of the page. I also added a horizontal red line along the bottom. At the left of the line I also placed a small icon linking to a private blog and the text "x-mcs". It looked fine in view, but when published, the additions all went to the lower right of screen (scroll down about 4" and it appears on left. I brought some stuff foreward and sent other to the back to no avail. I changed the page property size to 800X600 and it stll doen't view right. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. page can be viewed at www.chicycle.com.

Thanx

-a very frustrated and confused, Ken

Re: a ghost in my format, making me crazy!

When I preview your page in microsoft front page I see this line of text far far over to the right

Always a good last minute favorite!

Did you mean that to appear anywhere? This may be what is throwing your page off ... not sure ... but I do see what you are referring to .....

And your red line is far far over too ... I would take all those out of there, and place them within your '800 width ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The line about "always a good last minute favorite" is actually placed near the top left under the x-mas store add. The Red horizontal line should run across the full bottom of the page with the ex-MCS text and logo at the very left of that. There should not be all of that blank space at the bottom. I have tried removing things temporarily also to no avail. I would re-start the whole page but I just dislocated my shoulder (fell on ice) and am 1 finger typing now! Any ideas?

Thanx

Comment

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, depending on the degree you could be anywhere from two to six or more weeks healing, with three-four weeks being for a 2nd degree injury. However, the good news about a separated shoulder is its natural ability to heal on its own, and you should not suffer any recurrence as a result of the injury. I would assume you have it in a sling, be careful not to get a frozen shoulder from the sling, be sure to take it out of the sling each day, moving it around a little more each day ... okay ... on with your webby problem ...

I am not the best to answer, however, will attempt since you are still waiting for anyone else to reply. I am wondering if it has to do with the html boxes you have in place, perhaps there are a few there that are not showing up and are taking up the space. Things are definitely not showing where you are placing them, I wonder too, if perhaps you have things added twice, somehow you copied it, and sort of lost it when dropping it on the page.

You have a ton of sideways scrolling which is evident that things are placed outside of your normal page width. For instance your script for the date is even over there ....

I viewed like I said, goinig to file, edit with microsoft front page, and here is where I can clearly see where things are placed ... so somehow things are out of whack and maybe has to do with html boxes ... I would take my cursor and left click everywhere on my page, hoping to find a frame of text or an html box that was not showing .... that is all I believe I could suggest ....

Good luck with all!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Are you leaving enough space for the elements you are putting in html boxes? I can't figure out where things like the date are supposed to appear - but if you are throwing those boxes in and not making them the right size to accommodate what will appear from the code, that could be throwing off anything else interfering with it.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X