Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Thank you again! But quick question where is the
    'guestbpookdb.php' file located so that I can upload it to the FTP Manager?

Please be so kind to help! Thank you so so very much!:o)
    Danielle

MERRY CHRISTMAS!:o)

Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Hi elle,

It is the little book on the lower left toolbar of BlueVoda.

You need to set it up first.

It is in Properties. it is the alternative to .html
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

You don't upload the guest book, you add it to a page as you would any other element. Save the page (I saved mine as guest book) and publish. Then link the same as any other page, also note that the page will have the html extention.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you so so very much for your reply! I already have installed the guestbook onto my page from the little book on the right hand corner but wanted to know when it says install FTP, already done that, then drag over the 'guestbpookdb.php' file to the right side where is that file? Am I supposed rename my guestbook page from gustbook.bvp to guestbookdb.php? Thank you so so so so very much in advance for answering my question! I truly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful night!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Comment

Hi Danielle, you wont believe how many times this has been asked with many giving up, & unless my old eyesight is going? it is not in the instructions to do the part below.

Place your guest book on the page as per instructions & publish. (This parts done)
          Now open notepad & create just a plain blank page & save it as a text file & name it guestbookdb.php & save.
          Now upload this empty notepad doc to your server via FTP & change the permissions to 755 as tutorial.
          What happens is when a message is left, it is stored in this document.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello Chris!

Thank you so so so very much! You are such an ANGEL! I have been trying to figure this out for a little while. So thank you so much! But quick question how does it work, I went to my page and tried to post a message but it still said no posts and it had admin login - but I don't have a login or do I for the guestbook - where do I find it or create it? Thank you again for all of your help now and in advance!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Comment

Hi, if you haven't changed it from when you were setting it up? Click on the admin link & type password. (You should change this at some time & republish the page).
              Have you got the pages url so we can have a look. Also remember this GB wont work unless published to your server.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you! This is the website url:

Also, when I uploaded the guestbookdb.php, I uploaded to the public-files html, is that correct?

Thank you so much!

Danielle

Comment

Thats correct, I tested it for you and it is working. Good Job
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you so very much Ed! I appreciate that! But quick question where to I get the Admin Login - if having to create it how do I create it? Thank you so very much!

Regards,
                    Danielle

Comment

Hi, your GB is in an iframe. Scroll down the iframe & the link will appear "Admin Login" click on this text.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

There is no need to create and upload the guestbookdb.php file.
                        Just publish the GB, and post an initial wellcoming post, the script will autocreate the file.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so so very mcuh to the both of you! I truly appreciate it! I see the Admin Login on my webpage's gusetbook but when I click on it it says "Guestbook Login - Login ...." but why is that there and what type of login do I put in there or does it even matter?

Danielle

Comment

The admin area allows you to manage posts )edit - delete)
                            Since only you have to have access, it is password protected.
                            The password is the one you set whilst in BV. Open your GB page in BV, double click the GB, clck on the Advanced Tab. You will see there a field named "Password" . Type in there whatever you want your password to be.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                              There is no need to create and upload the guestbookdb.php file.
                              Just publish the GB, and post an initial welcoming post, the script will auto create the file.
                              Hi George, when was that slipped in. Will have to get the help compiler to update the installation info.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X