X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi everybody,

Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor is with us since September 2006. It has been, in the meantime, downloaded and installed by nearly 3000 users. It has evolved, improved, and soon a new version with more features will be released.

However, since July 2008 BlueVoda has a built in Form Wizard and Form Processor. The later was writen by DB Technosystems (me, hehe!) and is a subset of the ABVFP full script. The built in Form Processor will suit MOST cases, with a good security level and excellent features (multiple uploads, multiple selection listboxes, a basic error reporting system). Please refer to the How to create a form using the Form Wizard , How to create a form from scratch , and How to edit a form tutorials to see how you can create a form and how you can process it using the Built in Form Processor.

ABVFP has all the features of BlueVoda's built in Form Processor, plus the below...

Autoresponder
    database storing
    php validation other than basic level one
    enhanced security checks

This is where ABVFP is unique in its kind.

You can still build your Form using the Form Wizard, and SIMPLY CHANGE THE FORM ACTION so it can be processed by ABVFP. Detailed instructions are included in the ABVFP zip.

Please Download it from this location .

Here are the main features of ABVFP v2.1:
    • Required fields checking.
    • Validation of the fields (email, numeric field, field length, allowing or not for http:// , www. and @ symbol to be included)
    • Multifile upload, with max size specified by the user.
    • Attachments: you will receive the uploaded files directly on your desktop with the email that you will receive.
    • Multiple owner email addresses: the script will now send multiple emails, to the specified owner email addresses. The first one, will be used as the "reply to" address for the autoresponder message.
    • Option to have your email address included or not in the autoresponder message. If not, a " no_reply@yourdomain.com " address will appear.
    • Multiple choice field processing.
    • Customizable mail subject.
    • Customizable multiline email header and footer. Autoresponder with customizable header, footer, subject and "From:" field. Built in security measures against automatic bot submission and / or mass spam submission using your script.
    • Single "action" file for all your forms. It will process ALL your forms.
    • User friendly interface that will allow you to setup the processing script by just typing in your site info. No hand coding required.
    • Username and password feature for the script administration page: no one else but you will ever be able to login.
    • FULL error reporting page: it will notify the visitor of all the errors encountered in filling in the form.
    • Thankyou page to let the visitor know that his submission has been successfull and allow him to go on surfing your site.
    • User defined URLs for the Errorpage and the thankyou page
    • User defined folder for the uploaded files (inside the same folder where ABVFP is installed)
    • You can now save your project in the database. If you need to change the settings for a form, you can do it just editing what needs to be edited. You don't need to type everything from scratch.
    • Database storing of the form submitted info: the script will AUTO CREATE the necessary database table, and store the info in it.
    • Installation wizard, that makes software installation as simple as possible. Create a database and a database user, upload the files, provide your details, and the script will be automatically installed.
    • Popup Help windows to guide you through the installation and the setting up of the forms.
    • Support for multiple forms per page. The old version could only process one form per page.
    • Support also for non VH users: since the script is a collection of html and php files, you can simply upload it on your server and it will work.
    • Captcha validation (Yes! that small number and character image that you have to read and type before you can proceed!)
    Please note that ABVFPv2.1 will process ANY form that uses the POST method, not only the ones built with Blue Voda. It will process forms built in Frontpage, Dreamweaver. or any other site builder or html editor, as well as hand coded html and php forms. Furthermore, if you have more than one domains in your account, ABVFP will process ALL your forms, in ALL your domains, and will redirect correctly the visitor back to a thankyou page, that can be separately customized for EVERY form/domain. Error pages can also be independently customized for each form/domain. Just include the correct path to the pages, and ABVFP will take care of the rest.

ABVFPv2.1 consists in a collection of html and php files that you simply upload on a dedicated folder on your site. As such, it will run on ANY site that is conform to the minimum requirements which are PHP (4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.1.21 or higher) support.

Extras: Downloadable Word file with the tutorial, for offline work. Full instructions on how to upload the software on your site, how to install and use it, how to customize or create your own Thankyou page and Error page.

Download the new ABVFP now and have fun!

Please note that this is a new thread, but it is not different from the original Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor thread. That thread grew too much, so a new thread was started just to make things easier for those that want help or clarifications.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Good stuff!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just the job, and your right, the original thread had grown far to big...........
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Captcha

I am having difficulty getting the captcha image box to appear on my forms when i publish the following pages:

All that appears in it's place is the alternative text.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks
        http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Comment

http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php/ABVFP/captcha.php is whatyou have typed as captcha location, which is obviously wrong. Type the correct path to the captcha script.

I could not evan find the path to ABVFP.

Also the form action is wrong
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, thanks for pointing this out, i think i've made the corrections, re-published, but captcha image still not appearing

could it be a browser issue?

Comment

Rez, did you install ABVFP ? if yes, where ?
              There is no ABVFP folder in your site, so neither the captcha will ever appear, nor the form will send the info anywhere.
              Navaldesign

Comment

I installed ABVFP for my main domain - http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com
                Maybe i was wrong to assume it would also work for my addon domain - http://www.sprintflyer.com ?

Do i need to download and install ABVFP a second time for my addon domain?

Does this also mean that the Formid's i've created in the ABVFP control panel also need to migrate to a new ABVFP control panel?

Sorry for the confusion, Thanks for your help.

Also, will ABVFP allow a form to process multiple file uploads on one submission?

Comment

ABVFP can work for all your domains, but under specific conditions:

1. Create a folder named ABVFP in your addon domain.
                  2. Download, from the main site, the file dbts_ABVFP_config.php in your computer.
                  3. Upload this file into the Addon domain ABVFP folder.
                  4. Upload in the same folder also the files captcha.php, verdana.ttf and dbts_abvfp.php. You can find these files in the ABVFP zip

At this point you can go on exactly as you have done. There is no need for a second installation. And the Control Panel of the main domain installation will handle also the addon domain forms with the same Formid's.

Yes, ABVFP will perform multiple uploads.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Naval, I did it slightly differently from how you said - I went into cP file manager and copied the files across from public_html/ABVFP to public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP - it appears to have worked, hope this is ok.

Only thing is, i could not find the file named verdana.ttf, can you tell me where it is?

Comment

Some time ago the captcha.php and the font file (that initially was Jokerman.TTF) were changed in order to use an easier fornt, verdana.ttf.

If you want to use the one you already have then upload Jokerman.TTF

If you want to change to verdana, you need to download ABVFP again. Replace captcha.php with the new one, and upload verdana.ttf into both ABVFP folders.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Great, thanks Naval, captcha now appearing.

However there are some new problems:

1)On submitting the form here I get this error:

Warning: include(dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

Warning: include(dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

2) The form here works, but i do not receive the email containing the entered information.

3) The form here also works through to the thankyou page, but i do not receive the email

Email i have sent from other addresses has shown up in the account the form should be sending info to, so it must be something else.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rez View Post
                          1)On submitting the form here I get this error:

You are right, you need to also upload the file dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php
                          This file is not needed if the form setup is correct, it is only required in order to display errors in the form setup process. When you upload it, it will report your error.

As for the rest, if the script takes you to the thank you page, it is not an issue of ABVFP but something else like: mistyped email address, email blocked by your ISP or by your own email client, or something like that. Search also in your spam folder.

If everything fails, use an email address within your own domain name, and look at your webmail to see if it reaches there. If it does, the proble lies, as said, with your ISP blocking the mail for some reason.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Great, all forms now working through to thankyou page.

I'm having a little trouble working out what the email problem is though..

The email account the submitted data should go to is working ok, and is within my addon domain - sprintflyer.com.

In my ABVFP cP, the configured email address is correct and spelt correctly, and the formid is correct.

When i send email from my Yahoo email address to the sprintflyer.com email address that the form data should go to, it shows up straight away.

One thing i noticed was that in the ABVFP cP > Your Form URL: field, i have entered - http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php ..... php extension because the page has a form on it... but in the tutorial, the URL in this field has an html extension... could this be the reason?

Thanks

Comment

Additionally, i should mention that i have set up all email accounts for both my domains - swiftsaleproperty.com and sprintflyer.com - in Google Apps, as described in this thread, meaning all my email for these domains is ponting at Googles servers, could this be the reason i receive no email on form submission?

Comment

Working...
                              X