This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mal's e-Commerce

Hi There! Ok, I have signed up with Mal's this morning and have been running through all the set-up/configuration. I have been searching the threads for some information about getting the right button to put on the BV pages. I seem to recall from last night a site/forum for help. I'll be darned if I cannot find it. Assistance would be much appreciated.

Or, does someone have a little extra time to help a girl out?
    Sheila - #23699
    www.sheilasbakeshoppe.com (under construction)
    Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Re: Mal's e-Commerce

Hi - I wonder, is there a tutorial or set-up manual for Mal's? I'm really getting desperate! I have got to find something that is simple for me to use. If I knew all this stuff, I wouldn't be here!
    Sheila - #23699
    Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Sheila,

I cant remember off the bat where its at.. but if you google mals ecart, and look around the mals site theres several places that explains things and links to HOW to's etc.. its really NOT that hard once you just get into it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I found a few things. They are saying what the code is, how to make a button, etc.

BUT, no where (that I have found) does it say how to make the button appear in BV. Bethers has a comment:

What exactly is the problem? You go to mal's - get the code you need for each product - then you paste that code into html boxes on your bv pages - each one gets it's own box where you want it on the page.

What is "get the code" for each product? Then I gather I would click the HTML button and copy/paste into it.
        Sheila - #23699

Comment

I have spent the entire afternoon reading and researching and trying to find answers. What is the coding to send a product to Mals? And where do I put it?

TIA and also thanks for everyone's on-going patience.
          Sheila - #23699

Comment

You put it in an html box on your bv store, in this html is the price and the coding your need for each item, just like a paypal button, only its not preformatted for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Try here

They have all the codes for you, you just have to change to your log in and server etc..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

If you read all the information you can also put a photo in leiu of a button too in some places. I use Mals on my aboriginal art store if you want to check. On home page I have a photo for 'Got to Cart', on my Stories page I've used the standard buttons that the code makes. Most other pages I use hyperlinks rather than buttons because of space considerations.
                Like Karen say you put the info for everything in html boxes. (Unfortunately it wasn't until I almost had the store finished I discovered you can copy html boxes in BV or I could have got my links all the same size.) If you check this section you will see a few other that use Mals. If you check their stores, ones have used different things. One has coloured buttons; most common are drop-down boxes of sorts where customers can add quanity to their choice. It might give you some ideas. Mals seems a little difficult at first, but in fact because you do the same thing over & over again once you work out what you need for the products you just copy & paste just changing the product number & price.
                www.dinkdy.info
                www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                www.thegemlovers.com
                www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                  Try here

They have all the codes for you, you just have to change to your log in and server etc..

Karen
                  Please don't get frustrated...
                  but change the log in and server where?
                  change it to what?
                  In my VH cPanel? If so, where?
                  On the Mal's side in set up? I have not looked at it this morning, but I don't recall where.
                  After copying the code from wsdh.net?

I need a cup of tea..........
                  Sheila - #23699

Comment

Sheila,

Yes.. after you GET the codes you must put YOUR account into it. It helps if you go there and try to do it and follow along, then ask questions. You change the info to YOUR login or server id info in the coding. IF we try to explain too much in advance you will just be confused more.. DO IT, then TRY, Then ASK. Then it will be more specific to the parts you DONT understand rather than trying to swallow it all at once or trying to guess which part you dont get.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen and Vicki - thanks so much.... I created a drop down box with 3 choices and an "Add To Cart". I just ordered myself a test item and my cc got processed and I received a confirmation e-mail. I will watch my bank to see if all goes through.

Oh yeah.. and my 2 pages linked :) and I returned to my page ok. I am diligently taking notes on little things that are missing that makes for a better shopping experience. Thanks! (I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear from me). And I promise to post in the feedback thread!

:)
                      Sheila - #23699

Comment

Working...
                      X