Page Properties help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Properties help!

I have just published a website: www.kissingerkennels.com. No matter what I do to change the page properties - the wallpaper and table at the top do not conform to the height and width. My sub page came out fine. Properties are 400width and 599 height. I've made the width dimensions as small as 299 and I get the same results. Someone please advise!

Re: Page Properties help!

Plus when I try to alter the width any lower I get a Blue Voda error that says 'Failed to save document'. UGH -

Tired in Tucson

Comment

Hi,

You should not restrict the height of your webpage.
      I find the best height to start with is 800H.

When designing your page it always useful to select and view the ruler.
      By dragging the Ruler Tab you can lengthen or shorten your page.

Secondly your images are to heavy and slow to load.

Goto the following link and download the PIXresizer.

By highlighting the Joint Photographic Expert Group to the right of the JPEG
      you can reduce the amount of pixels in your image for it to load faster.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, you are entering your page background as a single image & stretching it out. If you go to this site & choose a similar background & place it on the page via page properties>background.
        Wile also in this area, check the center in browser & set the page width to 980px. A read of this may also help things.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I've taken your advice and used a background from the site you gave me. Cool site - thanks. Also I've adjusted the width and height, centered it in the browser - I've put the ruler back while I'm creating and editing and I'm also going to deal with resizing the pics. Still a rookie........what can I tell you. Thank you both for your help. I may be calling on you again, but I hopefully I'll figure the rest out.

Comment

Working...
          X