Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed: My first website. Thans to all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed: My first website. Thans to all!

I started my site about the area I live in, but ended up writing about my experience creating a website in BlueVoda. I think Bluevoda is fantastic, but I found I had to do a lot of research and reading to solve some problems. I've tried to pull some of the ideas together. Thanks to all!

tyson

http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

Re: Advice needed: My first website. Thans to all!

Hi Tyson,

I'm no expert, and don't have any advice, as I'm mired in my own developing, but I had to tell you that I had clicked on your site about a week ago, and it looks much better now.

Keep it up!

Good luck,

Mike

Comment

it's really bright and refreshing and I was not too sure whether I liked the colours or not ... but they grew on me and kind of fit what your are doing.

Just a couple of quick comments... it would look really good if you centred the pages in the browser ... just right click on an empty part of your page, select page properties and check the centre in browser box.

Maybe consider slowing the marquee banner down a bit.

Well done ....
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I hope I get more comments.
        tyson

Comment

The yellow is a bit bright at first. Site is informative. Great job.

Comment

Thanks Cheryl! I looked at your sites and take it as a compliment when you use the word "informative".

tyson

Comment

Site looks good and the colors are a bit bright.Overall good job.

Please correct the spelling on the very bottom of the page.
              www.stmarysproperties.com
              www.networkedaffiliates.com

Comment

Hello Tyson

You have done a great job. On the left hand side the word Suggestion in the yellow is spelt wrong. It has only one "g".

I find the yellow writing hard to read but this is an individual thing.

I really like the backgrounds on all your pages, looks great and once again well done.
                Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

My observations are:

Your overall design has no depth of field. Looks really flat.
                  The bright yellow and and the bright blue fonts on the main page does not
                  really compliment each other. Pardon my saying so it looks a bit gaudy.
                  Finally your font size of 19px is a bit large. the fonts for the main text messages should remain between 10px-12px.

Your background photo is large and it takes a long time to load. Try to figure out how to speed up the loading of your BG Photo.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks, added a g to suggestions. Bright colors, I am a little color blind and I picked out bright colors. Comments on colors to change to would be welcome! My text is in 14pt. not 19pt. I appreciate the comments, Keep them coming!!

tyson

Comment

center it. click right outside the content. page properties check center in browser.

Comment

Tyson

well done for getting your site up and running, i agree with the others, you need to centre you page, I think some of the pages are too busy with too many flashing boxes etc,

I don't know about pictures as backgrounds, they take so long to download, and can make the text hard to read, you might also need to put up a description of what you do, as to me it just looked like a directory of other sites.

Good luck with your site
                        Mark.
                        www.sharemarketinvestments.com
                        empowering investors to achieve excellent returns with low risk

Comment

Thanks for the coments! I'm taking it all seriously. More coments please.

tyson

Comment

Hi Tyson,

Your Background photo is currently 2048 x 1536. [333kb] This is a very large photo.

Try reducing it to 63% or 1290 x 968. Which a lot of people will say it is still large as the most common web page is 900 wide. The max width of your BG photo should not exceed 1200 as any width size above 1200 is really an added burden to the loading speed of of your photo and also serves no purpose as your webpage will not exceed 1200.
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Fantastic! How? Should I use pixresizer? Or should I crop it first? I need 900x1200 for my page. I had to go back to my original pic to get the size. How could you tell that? Thanks!
                              tyson

Comment

Working...
                              X