Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad banner rotator

Hello again;
    I'm sure ths is simple but I have put 8 pictures in the ad banner and I am getting one that has the red small x on it. can someone tell me how to get rid of this. It's on my website
    www.videopostcards.info/fatheraustin.html

thanks again,
    Mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: ad banner rotator

Did you add the ad rotator code yourself (with a html box), or use a built in function inside of bluevoda?

The reason it is showing a red x, is because according to the ad rotator script there are suppose to be 9 images, but there are only 8, the last of the 9 is blank, the location of the image is just "". If it is a blue voda option that you just inserted, I don't know why or how to fix it (I don't use bluevoda, so I don't know the option or the process of creating it). Someone who does should come along. If you added the javascript code yourself into a html box, that I can help you fix. But I am assuming you didn't.

PS. you might want to change the target on your 4 links to be _self, since the links are right there, most people won't want a new page to open when the site is easy to navigate

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

WATDAFLIP is exactly right in the reason this is happening ...

In the rotator, go to the last line, which is empty naturally, and put your mouse there and hit delete ... you are removing the empty space which will take away this red x ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry I took so long to reply but was away for the weekend. Thanks and I will take your advice.

Mrmagoo
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi I'm a new "poster",

I've been reading all of the very helpful tips on banner rotators. I was initially successful in loading my pictures and they rotated on my site. However, I too had pictures (#3 & #4) appear as "blanks" with the red "X". I deleted everything and started over. I even re-created the pictures using PIXresizer. By the way, they are sized at 240 x 320.

However, now NONE of my pictures are rotating at all!!!

This is my web site; www.jeffnealdesigns.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

lefthandrumr

Comment

Originally posted by lefthandrumr View Post
            Hi I'm a new "poster",

I've been reading all of the very helpful tips on banner rotators. I was initially successful in loading my pictures and they rotated on my site. However, I too had pictures (#3 & #4) appear as "blanks" with the red "X". I deleted everything and started over. I even re-created the pictures using PIXresizer. By the way, they are sized at 240 x 320.
            However, now NONE of my pictures are rotating at all!!!
            This is my web site; www.jeffnealdesigns.com
            Thanks in advance for your help. lefthandrumr
            This is the picture that is coming up unviewable: jeffnealdesigns.com/Foyer%20#2 218 (240 x 320).jpg ...... and the reason is because you have titled it improperly --- with spaces and "symbols" that are not allowed...

Try renaming this image: Foyer_20_no_two_218_240x320.jpg and republish....see where I have eliminated the spaces with an underscore and removed the offending symbols?
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

I am paying my respects to the high ranking officer that you are by giving a salute (using ALL of my fingers). :)

Thanks for you help and very clear explanation. It's working fine now. Did you also give advice on how to make the pics fade or transition smoothly? I'm still a bit confused on that.

A million times...thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X