error page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error page

I created an error page for my form however I can't get it to pop up when making errors filling out form. Any help would be great. Thanks.

(start of page)(errorpage)
    <?php
    session_start();
    $error = $_SESSION[error];
    ?>

(generated Html for my form)
    <FORM name="Register" method="POST" action="action.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:60px;top:51px;width: 216px;z-index:5" size="27" name="Name-RA" value="">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:59px;top:99px;width: 216px;z-index:6" size="27" name="Address-RC" value="">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:59px;top:150px;width :144px;z-index:7" size="18" name="Phone-RN" value="">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:58px;top:199px;width :200px;z-index:8" size="25" name="Email-e" value="">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:57px;top:248px;width :200px;z-index:9" size="25" name="Type-B" value="">
    <INPUT type="text" style="position:absolute;left:60px;top:298px;width :120px;z-index:10" size="15" name="Date-N" value="">
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:38px;top:76px;width: 87px;height:20px;z-index:11" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Address:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:36px;top:124px;width :160px;height:20px;z-index:12" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Phone:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:35px;top:173px;width :68px;height:20px;z-index:13" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Email:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:37px;top:222px;width :126px;height:20px;z-index:14" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Type of Event:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:36px;top:274px;width :150px;height:20px;z-index:15" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Date of Event:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <INPUT type="submit" name="submit" value="Register" style="position:absolute;left:42px;top:447px;width :125px;height:34px;z-index:16">
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:39px;top:25px;width: 87px;height:20px;z-index:17" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Name:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <TEXTAREA name="Comments-H" style="position:absolute;left:59px;top:366px;width :226px;height:63px;z-index:18" rows=3 cols=25></TEXTAREA>
    <DIV style="position:absolute;left:38px;top:332px;width :150px;height:20px;z-index:19" align="left">
    <FONT style="font-size:19px" color="#000000" face="Footlight MT Light">Comments:</FONT>
    </DIV>
    <INPUT type="reset" name="Reset" value="Clear Form" style="position:absolute;left:191px;top:446px;widt h:125px;height:34px;z-index:20">
    </FORM>

I have no hidden fields and both the errorpage and the contact are .PHP
    My thank you page works but no matter what you type in the fields on the form it send data to my email. Thanks in advance.

MH
    creator: M. Hoon
    http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
    Wedding Planning and Consulting

Re: error page

You have used the ABVFP system of fieldname extensions, but you are NOT using ABVFP to process your form. I doubt that this "action.php" script has any of ABVFP's features, and, of course, i don't know if there are lines of code to direct to an error page if errors are encountered, i even doubt that there is code for error detection. If you wish, post here your script, or download and install ABVFP from here
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So are you saying I should start from stratch using the ABVFP. Cause I just need to get my error page to work. I like to put parameters on each field (name, email, address, etc.) so I receive legit information. I created an error page Im just stuck at trying to get it work if someone fills the form out wrong.

MH
      creator: M. Hoon
      http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
      Wedding Planning and Consulting

Comment

Validation can be done:
        1: using Javascript
        2. using a custom made php script
        3. using ABVFP which is php but requires no hand coding, as it comes with a very simple validation system.

What i was saying, is that your script, is NOT ABVFP, so i don't see how it will work with ABVFP's validation system. Even the error page, i don't know how did you make it.

It would, i beleive, be easier to keep the form, since most of it is ok, and install ABVFP.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X