This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "basic authentication" on protected directory

Following the instructions in the forum, I just created a protected directory and published an index page to it, as well as other pages/videos, etc. Everything is working just fine.

When I type in the address for the page, it gives me a login box...perfect. However, in the box it also states:
    "Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

Why does it have that message? What am I missing?
    The pages in this directory are secure, right?
    Or do I need to do something else to obtain "a more secure manner?"
    I am running Windows 7...would that have something to do with it?

Assuming everything is secure, is there a way to get rid of this "warning?" It just looks unprofessional and might cause some customers to question the security of the pages they are entering.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: "basic authentication" on protected directory

The message says that the connection is insecure. And in fact it is as long as you are not using an SSL certificate.

Most browsers will not display this warning message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X