How to install vote pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install vote pro

Hi there i have fallowed all the instruction, i .e. extract vote pro upload it change config.php to 666 but when i go to my site i dont see the vote pro. can someone advise me on this issue please. www.woodbinecc.ca

Thanks,

Re: How to install vote pro

Hi, so many users have had trouble with this one. (Including me) You can try the permissions at 755 or 770 or 775 instead of 666 to see if you get any joy. But looking back through to posts by others, I get the impression most gave up. I installed it once with a 755 permission a wile back. I just tried again & can’t get to the login page to start configuration. Must admit the last time it was installed, it was actually a pain to use.
    Have been trying the one out in cpanel called “advanced poll”. It’s a lot more user friendly & installs in about 30 secs..

Good luck
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have a question here, I know how to create a detabase in cpanel -but if i am going to install votepro do i have to create the database name votepro?
      How di i change the permission for config.php? should it be 666-775-777-770 i use 666 but it dont work please help.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi sceefo. Like Chris said alot of people including myself having issues with votepro. The thing is they said to change the permission to 666 but that php file for config.php doesn't have anything in that folder if it is suppose to have anything in it to begin with. Right now I am fiddling with it to see if there is a way to get it to work.
        It should be 666 as stated with vodahost. As for your question about the name of your database, no it doesn't. It can be any name you would like it to be. It's for your reference only. I believe it should work on your main database that you create.
        I know with pro affiliate that has to have its own database but with votepro it should work on the first database you create. The file for that isn't very big.
        Diane
        www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick reply, and if you figure it out please let me know.
          again, Thanks

Comment

Hi guys this works for me after i upload the votepro folder and change the permission there is a file in the votepro folder name .htaccess i delete this file and and when i go to my domain.com/votepro it take me to rhe admin area try this and see if it works for you.
            sceefo

Comment

Hey sceefo. That did work for me also. Thanks for the info
              Diane
              www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Working...
              X