Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know of a way to put inventory right on the selling page?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know of a way to put inventory right on the selling page?

Hi! Haven't been here in a while to ask a question but I know from previous experience and from searching on this forum for other answers that you folks are the best! However, after searching, I can't find an answer to my question this time.

Does anyone know of a cart that shows right on the page how many of a particular item are in stock? I have seen this on other sites and it would help my customers greatly to know how many are available before they get to the check-out page. I am using Paypal because it's free and it does let you control your inventory but not to display on the site itself.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kenney at www.couponskenneyc.com

Re: Do you know of a way to put inventory right on the selling page?

Most cart scripts other than PayPal have an INVENTORY module, meaning that they allow you to load items SKUs, images, descriptions, etc. which will then either display on the Category Page if there is a stock level of at least one unit, or if alternately selected as a configuration, the Item will display on the Category Page with an Inventory Stock Quantity (even if it is Nil or "zero").

PayPal is simply a TRANSACTIONAL software, and not truly a "Shopping Cart" script .... the differences are HUGE and obvious.

If you must rely upon PayPal rather than a Merchant Account for processing, you can still choose a Shopping Cart that has the features you desire (such as the Inventory Display mentioned above) and still elect to use PayPal as the processing agent for your transactions. It is done all the time .... it just means the customer is forwarded to the PayPal site to complete the transaction, and then returns to whatever page on your [shopping cart] site you pre-configured.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Most cart scripts other than PayPal have an INVENTORY module, meaning that they allow you to load items SKUs, images, descriptions, etc. which will then either display on the Category Page if there is a stock level of at least one unit, or if alternately selected as a configuration, the Item will display on the Category Page with an Inventory Stock Quantity (even if it is Nil or "zero").

PayPal is simply a TRANSACTIONAL software, and not truly a "Shopping Cart" script .... the differences are HUGE and obvious.

If you must rely upon PayPal rather than a Merchant Account for processing, you can still choose a Shopping Cart that has the features you desire (such as the Inventory Display mentioned above) and still elect to use PayPal as the processing agent for your transactions. It is done all the time .... it just means the customer is forwarded to the PayPal site to complete the transaction, and then returns to whatever page on your [shopping cart] site you pre-configured.
      Thank you so much for your response, Vasili.

There are no carts that will display the number available right on the page next to the add to cart button, though, correct? Not without paying for that cart. Funds are very tight at the moment and I'm trying to increase sales while minimizing the number of emails asking "do you have 150 of these? or 300 of this?"

Again, I do thank you.

Kenney

Comment

You can auto-install a shopping cart for free via the Fantastico! feature of your cPanel that comes with every hosting account from VodaHost. Or didn't you know that?

> Becoming familiar and navigating around cPanel

> How to use Fantastico in cPanel

SHOPPING CARTS AVAILABLE TO INSTALL FOR FREE VIA FANTASTICO
        > Soholaunch Tutorials (only 1 installation of Soholaunch per hosting account allowed)
        > osCommerce Tutorials
        > ZEN Cart Tutorials (and Templates)
        > CUBE Cart Tutorials

You can find thousands of free templates available for any of the carts above by doing a simple Google Search.

Your success is limited only by the degree of effort you invest.

Comment

Thank you again. I appreciate your help and I did learn to use Fantastico and some other things so it has not been a waste at all. I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I will just keep on searching....and learning.

The templates that I have looked at are so busy with things that I don't need or want and that take space from my main objective, my product, that I will just have to keep on going.

Thank you again for your time and expertise.

Kenney
          couponskenneyc.com

Comment

Most all features can be turned On or Off, as well as others added easily as single Plugin's that are not seen in basic Template layouts.

If you have one or few products, simplifying the layouts is much easier than it looks from first appearance of the Templates. You just have to find one with the basic layout that is agreeable, knowing that everything can be "customized" easily (colors, positions, fonts, effects, etc.) with just a few clicks.

Funny .... you ask for an advanced Cart feature and function (displayed inventory, meaning interactive Inventory control) and balk at simple appearances rather than digest the possibilities .... Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X