ProShow Gold Flash Slideshow into BV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProShow Gold Flash Slideshow into BV?

I've been unable to successfully put a Flash slideshow created by ProShow Gold on my (planned) web page. I don't want the show to open on a new page- I'd like to have run in a box on my home page.The instructions from Photodex (ProShow Gold) are a little bit cryptic. They say:

"Adding a Flash show to a web page requires adding a few lines of custom HTML and JavaScript code. You must be familiar with these technologies to use a Flash show. If you are using a visual editor to create your website, you must be able to edit the source code of your web page directly. You cannot use the visual editing features in those programs to add a Flash show."

I've seen posts from people who have had the same issue, but the replys have been kinda confusing for a newbie like myself. And Photodex doesn't say what the required "few lines of custom HTML and Javascript code" might be.

I don't want the show to open on a new page- I'd like to have run in a box on my home page, and I'd like the show to be viewable with the normal Flash player, not the Photodex Viewer or their own Active X control.

Can anybody provide a step-by-step set of directions for achieving this?

To see what's happening see http://rickwilliamsphoto/flashtest.html

Thanks in advance to anybody who can get me headed in the right direction.....

Rick Williams Photography

Re: ProShow Gold Flash Slideshow into BV?

not sure if you are talking about a flash video clip or a animation or a slide show. your link does not work. do you have the page published. what extension do you have on the flash slideshow file. is it a swf file or a flv file or a gif file. once we know that we can direct you in the correct direction.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

It tells you EXACTLY how to get the code that you would then cut and paste to an HTML BOX on a page of your website. You also have to UPLOAD the swf file or the slideshow file via ftp or your cpanel.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK- I tried again, with great success! (Thanks to you!) I thought I had done the exact same thing before-except-it seems maybe that when ProShow Gold creates the swf file, there are multiple parts (both an .swf and an .flv part) I'd been trying to just upload the .swf file. Does that make sense? As I said- I'm new.

Anyway, I've at least got a portion of the slide show to show at

Now I can start messing around with size, adding content, and buying the PSGold to get rid of the intro and logo...

Thanks for the help
        Rick Williams Photography

Comment

Working...
        X