getting going on my first dynamic website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting going on my first dynamic website

I have recently downloaded BlueVoda (love it!!!), however, im not sure that it has all the tools neccesary to build the caliber of website that i have envisioned, or more likely i dont have the working knowledge of how to use the tools to get done what i want. I was wondering if i could get some feedback to wether or not it is possible and maybe some hints on how to do it.

Question 1.

I want to create a site that has user accounts and a form of website currency (i.e. website points) and allow users to purchase the points via a paypal transaction. I understand that i could creat a table within my DB that has a points coloum but I'm having difficulty linking the success page from paypal to the posting of the points.

Question 2.

I also want the users to be able to spend the points on the website with a onetouch button that automatically deducts one point from the user account and posts it to counter that can be seen by all viewing the website in a near real time manner.

Question 3.

I would like users to be able to post pictures and descriptions seperate from there account that can be seen by other members. Is there a way that BlueVoda can create a webpage to be viewed and subsequently deleted it after X amount of time?

These are my main speed bumps right now, is it possible to do this via BlueVoda or will i have to code most of it myself?

On a side note: I am currently in the process of finding a domain name that suits my website, is it possible to purchase webhosting without a domain name while i find one that i like or will i have to use a domain and replace it when i find the one i like? I am asking because as of right now i cant test my website for functionality due to the fact that i dont have a server to post my DB on which is a major part of the website.

I would apprecieate any insight or help that i can get, thank you very much for outstanding product and support system.

Re: getting going on my first dynamic website

I am currently in the process of finding a domain name that suits my website, is it possible to purchase webhosting without a domain name while i find one that i like or will i have to use a domain and replace it when i find the one i like? I am asking because as of right now i cant test my website for functionality due to the fact that i dont have a server to post my DB on which is a major part of the website.
    All web hosting accounts must be linked to domains names, it is not possible to purchase without a domain name attached...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for the information, how difficult is it to transfer names once i get it established? Is it as simple as buying a new domain name and transferring it to my site or does it have to be a new webhosting account and trasnfering the site?

Comment

Transferring your existing domain name to VodaHost is very easy. After you create your VodaHost account. Our support team will put in a transfer request with your current company and usually (depending on good your current companies support staff are) the transfer will be complete in under 48 hours.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sorry i must have been unclear, i meant if i get a VodaHost account under a certain domain name and i want to change it, how difficult is that?

Comment

no problem, we will take care of it for you in 2 minutes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you for the information, any word as far as the capabilities of bluevoda go?

Comment

Hello Blue Voda,
                i finally made my hosting here i just got my domain as www.yatc613.com here. i am not really that good yet as a website master but i made all my templates from dream weaver, my problem right now is how can i upload all my files my ftp cannot connect to my account. maybe i got it wrong can somebody help me with that? my FTP was asking for "hosting";, "username", "password", and "port", i have put all the information that you sent me in my email but still i can't connect. a little help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X