Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my website

Hi Guys

I've just finished building my website with Blue Voda - and would appreciate your feedback.

We sell replacement kitchen cabinet doors (made any size) in over 700 designs/colours.

This is a difficult concept to get over on a website, because some visitors are looking for specific door colours, other visitors are looking for specific door styles, whereas other visitors can't visualise what their kitchen will look like with new doors and prefer to see complete kitchens.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense and appreciate you taking the time to review the site.

Thanks

Robert

Video guides show you the quick and easy way to refresh your kitchen. All Colours – All Styles. Next day delivery. Get FREE colour samples.

Re: Please review my website

You have done a lot of work on this one & its looking good. One small thing that's a bit of a pain is the links between pages are opening in new windows.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Robert,

I think you did a great job! Very clean looking and easy to navigate. The only thing I found was a missing hyperlink on your Terms & Conditions page under Visitors Conduct.
      Again, very nicely done and best of luck with it!

Comment

Hi Robert,
        ditto to the above comments re the overall site.....here are a few text errors you may want to address though? A 'general' comment: some of your pages are quite long so, a "back to top of page" button would be popular with many folk, I believe?

Home: .........by not throwing your entire kitchen out/away you can help
        About: We are vetted and approved
        Terms:
        2.6 Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided ‘as is’............4.13...We will try to put things right as soon as we either 'as soon as possible' or 'as soon as we can' however we can’t be responsible....
        Privacy:
        purpose of sending you marketing emails.

.....all in all a pretty da** good effort....
        good luck,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Chirs - David & Paul

Thanks for the feedback guys - as far as the links between pages are concerned, is opening a new window a problem as far as SEO is concerned, or is it use a usability issue?

David - Thanks for pointing out the errors, will change these today!

Robert

Comment

More a usability issue. If some one spends some time on your site, they will end up with a lot of windows to close.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

....as I did lol
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi

Having done a lot of kitchen research recently, I thought I'd take a look at your site.

To me it comes across the way I'd like it to. Clean design, good content and full of information and guidance. I have not checked detail but the impact and impression is good. I'd be happy to buy from you if I was in the market.

Paul

Comment

You didn't notice pages not working (and no emails coming in), or thought not to spend the slightest effort to "proof" your pages prior to publishing??

Your "Feedback" page and your "Contact" page (or any web page with a Form on it) needs be published as PHP according to the instructions in all the Tutorials if you expect them to function properly. (They are currently published as ".html" pages. Remember to delete the HTML pages from the server in addition to re-publishing them as ".php" pages to remove any page conflicts.)

You have entered a lot of effort hoping to score SEO values, but in truth, with so many word and phrase mentions not anchored within properly composed text, it is very likely to be seen as "stuffing" or KW Spamming, and will result in your site being penalized severely, if not de-listed first locally and then globally.
                  You need to seriously re-think your efforts, and be able to weave your prominent wording into organic composition instead of using "lists" that are in fact much too long and not acceptable to the SE's to avoid this.

Remember that although the SE's allow the general rule of 1,000 words on an index page for evaluation (which has always been how the "acceptable length of page" was determined), but they typically place 50% more emphasis on the first 300-500 words, looking for Keywords and Phrases to be present in naturally composed text and properly highlighted using H-META Tags, and will only then include the remainder of allowed text for contributary valuations, mostly ending their "read" at 750-850 words total (which is a leftover from the common page design parameter that important Content needs be "above the fold" - or above 700 lines deep on the page). Thus, your use of 'City' and 'County' lists and "abbreviated text" (bullet lists of products and phrases) prior to that in such overkill manner thrusts you into flagrant non-compliance, an irrecoverable formatting error and liability that will far outlast and horribly outweigh any small SEO advantage you hoped to gain.

* Consider also the special importance in using H-META and a text navigation option in your footer to compensate for lacking SEO values in your page design and from use of a dynamic Menu.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

No reply at all?
                    "Which way did he go, which way did he go - that silly wabbit?"

Comment

Can I improve my page load time with better site design?

Can I improve my page load time with better site design?

Google Webmaster Tools says that my website http://www.kitchendoorworkshop.co.uk/ loads more slowly than 87% of other websites. An average load time for our pages is about 7 seconds according to Google

I designed and built the site myself using Blue Voda

There are LOTS of images - can't get around this as we are selling a visual product, though I have made the images as small as possible.

Get lots of positive feedback from customers about the site - NONE of which as ever mentioned page load time - however I am concerned that this may be effecting our SEO rankings as I understand that Google.

Would like to keep designing the site myself with Blue Voda as I like being able to make quick updates and alterations, and I dont really want to go the the trouble of learning web programming.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks very much

Bobby

Comment

"Optimize" your images the best you can by reducing the file sizes, but don't get too myopically focused on minutia such as load times for your website ..... there are many, many websites that load slowly, especially those with media or Flash page sections that take longer than the stated averages.

SEO does not pivot on page load times, but on deep relevance and construct compliance to create favorable values and attributable Metrics. Make sure you have done your due diligence in developing your Content (including proper page-specific relevant Titles for your images), simple META, H-META Tags, and other aspects that properly demonstrate the uniqueness of your site to the Search Engines as they require. Nail the basics!

Load times is so far out of the realm of considerations for site valuations, mostly due to the incomprehensible margin of User Connection variables, which is why Google has recently narrowed their prime indicators with respect to real relevancy and Content validity. Page load time is merely a statistic, a number of fact, and if anything, an awareness to maintain when designing a website from the perspective of Visitor convenience.
                        It is something of a factor in Construct evaluation, but only if extraordinary times are required or if connection is strained as in app-hang or as a symptom of improper operation (malware, etc.). But that is all.

Since you have a 'country-specific' domain extension rather than a ".com" your primary goal should be to focus on creating SERP for your local hub first: the 'statistics' you mention are a global average on a ".com" comparison, and do not properly reflect local performance or standards.

Grasp the bigger concepts to score bigger, and forget the myopic fears and misunderstandings that snare so many!

PS: About "nailing the basics" ... apparently you have still not corrected your Menu links regarding your Contact page, and I yet wonder if you properly published the Contact page as PHP or if it remains an HTML published page, as I posted quite some time ago above. It's all about the details, and doing things with clear purpose!

Comment

Working...
                        X