submit button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submit button

Hi Please may someone have a look at my site, originaly my submit button was working to a point where it would direct me to my page thanking you, now after changing something It is revealing text at the top of my booking page ! please may you also supply the download code again.

Once the download is in place and all the other steps followed, like page proertie and publishing. do I need to upload again to my Public_html.

thanks Dave.

Re: submit button

Originally posted by Westi
    Hi Please may someone have a look at my site, originaly my submit button was working to a point where it would direct me to my page thanking you, now after changing something It is revealing text at the top of my booking page ! please may you also supply the download code again.

Once the download is in place and all the other steps followed, like page proertie and publishing. do I need to upload again to my Public_html.

thanks Dave.
    Upload the link to your form page and someone will have a look at it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

my web site s www.golfandgamesafaris.com and my form is on my bookings page. thank you

Dave.

Comment

my web site s www.golfandgamesafaris.com and my form is on my bookings page. thank you

Dave.
        I get a 404 Page not found Error. Are you sure your php page is correctly uploaded? If you have made it using a text editor, use FTP to make sure it doesn't have e .txt extension
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Dave.
          Ok. now the php page is there. I can see that on top there is the "Thank you for your feedback" message. But, if i understand well, you have made your php page mixing the form page with the script. Maybe you had copied and then pasted by mistake so the php is identical to your form page with the message on top. The thankyou page is supposed to be an entirely different page, with the Thankyou message and the menu bar for your visitor to be able to further surf in your site. It shoulfd not contain the form again. First solve this problem, then we can see if your script works.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navel design

I have the ror sitemap download on my desktop, I have uploaded it through ftp and it is in my public_html as ror.xml I have created a page called form with the relative wording in response to my Submit button, I have also added in the coding text through view- HTML inside I have made sure the setting is set to PHP. I then published the page. where am I going wrong from here?

Westi.

Comment

You wont believe this, I went into my public_html and i have managed to remove my bookings form !! when I go to my website I cannot access my booking page and form now , I feel like such a clown !!

www.golfandgamesafaris.com

westi.

Comment

Hi Navel design

I have the ror sitemap download on my desktop, I have uploaded it through ftp and it is in my public_html as ror.xml I have created a page called form with the relative wording in response to my Submit button, I have also added in the coding text through view- HTML inside I have made sure the setting is set to PHP. I then published the page. where am I going wrong from here?

Westi.
                hi Westi,

I'm not sure i quite understand what exactly you have done with your form (appart from deleting it). Please republish your form page, then upload the URL so i can have a look at it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Navel design, thanks for all your previous help on the form problems, I have finally managed to connect all the dots and seem to have everything running properly, I have one small question, Once you submit my form everything works perfectly accept that I do not recieve any confirmation in my hotmail account regarding the booking information a client has entered, Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Westi.

Comment

Hi Navel design, thanks for all your previous help on the form problems, I have finally managed to connect all the dots and seem to have everything running properly, I have one small question, Once you submit my form everything works perfectly accept that I do not recieve any confirmation in my hotmail account regarding the booking information a client has entered, Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Westi.
                    Yes, change your hotmail email address on the script with your Vodahost account email adress. If you still haven't setup any, do so, test it, and then insert it on the script. Preferably, create an email address dedicated to your form, f.e. bookings@yourdomain.com.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Okay thanks, when you say the script, bu this you mean the info in the inside tag on my confirmation page? where exactly should I place my email address, sorry finaly got this far I just need a bit more clarity to put the last nail in the coffin!

Westi

Comment

also my hotmail and voda host account email is the same. In the inside body tag info where it says $mailto= what should I have here?is this the script we are talking about?

westi.

Comment

when I originaly added my info into my inside body tag it started with

<?PHP
                          ETC
                          ETC
                          and ended with
                          <?
                          do I need to add this at the top
                          <HTML>
                          <HEAD>
                          <TITLE>thank you for your request</TITLE>
                          </HEAD>
                          <BODY>
                          <H2>thank you for your request</H2>

and end it with
                          </BODY>
                          </HTML>

Westi

Comment

when I originaly added my info into my inside body tag it started with

<?PHP
                            ETC
                            ETC
                            and ended with
                            <?
                            do I need to add this at the top
                            <HTML>
                            <HEAD>
                            <TITLE>thank you for your request</TITLE>
                            </HEAD>
                            <BODY>
                            <H2>thank you for your request</H2>

and end it with
                            </BODY>
                            </HTML>

Westi
                            1.Yes, that's the script i'm talking about.
                            2. No, if you have created the page using BV and inserted the script in the inside body, you don't need to add that piece of code.
                            3.Yes, where it says $mailto=
                            If you read the example carefully, you will see that in that line you should delete the example email used in the script and put in there your real email. This email has to be your Vodahost account email. The script won't work with your hotmail address. And these two emails CAN'T be the same as you say. One is myemail********.com and the other is myemail@mydomainname.com Only the first component of your email addresses can be the same.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for your help, I will go to work on that.
                              Westi.

Comment

Working...
                              X