X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Keep It Simple

G'day,
    If you have read my profile you'll understand that I'm not the brightest light on the Christmas Tree, so what I ask here would you please keep your response simple and please only respond to what I ask about and don't go into all that computer talk that I don't understand.

If you go on the internet to btsc.me (my website) you will see that it's pretty simple and all that is there is what my wife has spent hours workin' to get there. I have a home page, I have a 'Wooden Toys' page and a 'Where I Live' page. The current problem is 'I want to attach pdf files to my 'Wooden Toy' page, Now my question is

(1) Do I need to upload my pdf file to my c-pannel and how do I do that?
    (2) Where in c-pannel do I have to load it to?
    (3) And do I need to make a special file in which to house me pdf files?

Me aim is to at a later date to have my webpages work like this.

(a) when someone visits my 'Wooden Toy' page they can go to the welcome button, click on it and me pdf file will open. When they finish reading it they can then close it and go onto other pdf files that I'll later have on the same page. Now please don't confuse me with this which I will ask about later, if you can just respond to the questions (1) to (3) I'd be very happy.

Sorry but as for the Tutorials, they are to me about as useful to me as trying how to fly a Jumbo Jet, they just don't compute with me.

Hooroo
    btsc Kev.

Re: Please Keep It Simple

Hi,
    1) Yes, the pdf file needs to be uploaded to your control panel. The easiest way is in BlueVoda go to tools, FTP manager then connect to your account. Upload the PFD by pulling it from the left side of the screen to the right.
    2) Just upload it to the public_html folder, BlueFTP automatically connects you there.

Please let us know if you need more help!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Admin, didn't work at first but once I realised that the IP was different and changed it allowed me to do as you directed.

Now on my 'Wooden Toy' page I have the words 'Click On Files Below To View Contents', then below I have the word 'Welcome'.

Question; 'How do I now link that pdf file I up loaded to that word 'Welcome' so that when it is clicked on the viewer will see the pdf file attached.?

Sorry for the questions but you are dealing with someone that needs things explained in simple terms and I appreciate your help.

Hooroo
      btsc Kev.

Comment

Hi,

You should set the link on the welcome button to:

Where you replace yourdomain.com with your domain name and filename.pdf with the saved name of the pdf.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok this is where I get totally lost, goin’ by your advice I come to the conclusion that in order to do what you have stated I did the following.

(a) I opened up my bluevoda program on my computer.
          (b) I opened my page ‘Wooden Toys’.
          (c) I highlighted my word ‘WELCOME’ by double clickin’ on it. By doing so it allowed me to use the link button at the top of me page. A box opened up called ‘Insert Hyperlink’.
          (d) In the link type was ‘http: - so I left that alone.
          (e) In the box below that was ‘URL’ – already in it was the following – http:// - so I added my domain and file name and I ended up with this – http://btsc.me/livinwith.pdf
          (f) I then clicked ok.
          (g) I then went and clicked on my bluevoda file tab – and then ‘publish web page’.
          (h) I made sure my IP address was correct.
          (i) I hit publish and it told me it had been published.

Question; Please tell me that is what you meant in your response to me because other than that there was nothin’ in your response to tell me what to do other wise.
          Please I’m not the brightest light on the Christmas Tree, I want to learn and I can only learn if I’m told clearly what to do.

Again thank you for your help much appreciated.

Hooroo
          Btsc Kev.

Comment

Hi,

The Welcome is not actually a hyperlink, you need to open the wooden toys page in BlueVoda:

1) Highlight Welcome
            2) Select the hyperlink button.
            3) Enter your hyperlink.
            4) Select OK

Save the page, then publish again!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, so far so good I can finally go to my search engine put in my web site and up comes the home page. I can click on button for 'Wooden Toys' and bingo I go to me 'Wooden Toy' page. How here is the problem. When visitors click on my 'WELCOME' text it asks them to down load my pdf file. This I don't want to happen.

When they click on 'Welcome' I want the pdf to open showing them the contents so they can read it, not asking them to download it.

PROBLEM; I use Internet Download Manager, so I can tell my Download Manager to open the file and not request that I download it. Now some of my visitors may use a download Manager and they will need to tell their Managers to open only and not request to download.

Question; For people who don't use a download Manager will the pdf file open up for them so they can read it? or will they be forced to download it to read it?.

Hooroo
              btsc Kev.

Comment

Hi, this depends on their browser settings, if they have configured their browser to download PDF's it will do so, otherwise it will open in their browser.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you so much for your help - while I got heaps to learn I'll go with what you have taught me for the present and if I find me self bashing me head against a brick wall I'll be back. Again thank you I really appreciate all you have told me.

Hooroo for now
                  btsc Kev..

Comment

You are welcome!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X