Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinions Please

Hi,

This is my first attempt at making a website. I have absolutely no experience with this at all. I am also trying to get new clients in my area and will begin advertising in the very near future.

As a result I would like others opinions on the site. What there first impressions are and suggestions on improving the site.

I think I did a decent job. What do you think?

Thanks for all your replys,

Ward

Re: Your Opinions Please

"Company Mission Statement: To provide our clients superior results tailored to there individual needs." < their >

It is always best to first compose in a tool (such as Word) that has SpellChecker or something similar to paste it onto your BlueVoda page from, and not compose Content directly into a workpane, for spelling, syntax, and compositional Form is extremely important to Visitors and Search Engines both.

In doing so, not only will you assure proper Contextual formatting, but will also have a separate file copy of page Content for archival purposes.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili....I did in fact type it directly into the text pane of VodaHost. :)

Concerning spelling and search engines....I am Canadian and only interested in targetting contracts in my local area. With that in mind, in some cases MS Word will correct a word based on American spelling and not on Canadian spelling. Examples that come to mind are cheque, centre and colour vs the US spelling of check, center and color. Would the US spelling be considered dominant and the spelling of choice for search engine optimization? Or does it matter?

This doesn't apply to there and their and I will take your advice and redo all of it with Word. I will have the time to fix it this weekend.

Thanks very much for your time Vasili. If thats the worst comment I get then I guess it can't be all that bad.

Ward

Comment

The earlier posts which were prompted as a reply to a post I made in the wrong thread have been deleted for clarity, and with apology. I was referring specifically to a website made for a church that was errantly using a Portal page.

Your site is nicely done, and when the compositional format is adjusted (and possibly a more universal spelling applied), the "expansion" of Content for greater depth of relevancy and measurable optimization values will naturally emerge as a priority to explore further, to your overall benefit. Good job!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Your site looks good to me, it is also easy to navigate.

Comment

Thank you nbrown for taking the time to reply.

Thanks again Vasili.

I appreciate all the comments I get.

Comment

Hi Ward,
              a little late but here's what I've just found:

Home: the last of the 3 blocks of text is all out of alignment....the "WB" is all by itself at the end of a line & then the bottom lines of text all run into something along the bottom - "Website owned & managed by...." etc. lengthening the page will probably do the trick

About: It's what sets us apart
              and personally trained at every job site. don't mean to be picky but this means ALL your employees receive training at EVERY job they go to?? If so, then OK, sorry, but I find it hard to believe :)

Contact: think long & hard before posting your email address directly onto the web page. You're opening yourself up to a LOT of spam....better to use a contact form as provided by BlueVoda....easy to build lol

Employment: the text on the right needs to be adjusted - or rather the box does - so that the text stays inside the box!

Otherwise, good job....good luck
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi there,

Good job. A couple of things:

1)Right on the top: It's a dirty world. Over 18 years' experience cleaning it up.

2)You should have a better title for your 'services' page, and not only services. Why not describing what you provide? The 3 or 4 main services people would look for. But be careful not to spam the 'title tag'. Keep it simple and short.

Cheers,
                N Z B R
                t o u r s
                New Zealand Tours
                Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Nice looking site. I would suggest that you make your page a little longer so they can read the bottom line and on the home page if you alien your paragraphs to the left they would look better.
                  Redmond
                  http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Comment

Wow, its been a little while since I checked this post but I am very pleased I did.

I am in the process of rebuilding/updating the site. After continuing to research website development and SEO I quickly learned that I didn't do a very good job. Not terrible for a first attempt but far from great.

I made lots of mistakes, all of which need attention. The biggest leading to my site being ignored by Google. I used keywords that were the same colour as my background. I thought I was being clever.....

Ahimsa - Thank you for bringing up the spam potential. I never thought of that. As far as being personally trained at every job site goes.....Thats very true! I personally do the job myself for several weeks before I pass it over to an employee. The reasoning is simple. I absolutely need to know what the "hands on" is like at the site. There all different and have there own unique problems. In doing the work myself I know the work and the time needed to do it properly. This makes for happy employees and clients.

Nzdr - I agree with you 100% and is being worked on. Thank you for the reply.

Redmond - The new site will address all these issues. Thanks for the reply.

You guys are great. Thanks to all of you for offering your opinions. This noob could sure use it.

Ward

Comment

Working...
                    X