Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of information

Hello all;

All of my working files for my webpage are on my PC. What I would like to know is, how to transfer a working copy of my webpage files over to the laptop so that I can delete them from the PC, and work on my webpage from the laptop instaed.
    Any help would be appreciated, and please keep it simple, because with me and computers, simple is better, I don't know much.
    Thanks!

www.huavco.com
    Hutchison Aviation Consulting

Re: Transfer of information

You can transfer everything to the FTP even the editable BlueVoda files and drag them onto your documents from the FTP to the laptop.

You can also put it on a memory stick. You need all the files that were used in the page (graphics) as well as the editable BlueVoda pages.

Make sure you download BlueVoda on your laptop.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Chances are that you will have some images/graphics that show up as the infamous "red x". That's because the path to the file may have changed when you transferred your files. If all files used are in your BlueVoda folder then you will be fine. If the pages have been published all files will be on the server and your web page will display perfectly.
      When tranferring your BlueVoda folder make sure that you re-insert into your My Documents folder as that is where the builder will want to load to by default.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Thanks Guys, and you are right, some of my graphics didn't show up. I'll try doing what you are advising.

Shane.

www.huavco.com

Comment

Working...
        X