Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi all, this would make it easier for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi all, this would make it easier for me.

maybe it is just me cause i am new at this, but i have a repetative problem with saving before publishing, i forget to save before i publish, and find myself re-doing things over and over, is there a way to auto save on publication, or do i just have to be more careful, til i get better at this?

Re: hi all, this would make it easier for me.

It shouldn't be a problem, cuz when you go to close the page, it should be asking you if you want to save the changes. So whether you save first or after shouldn't matter.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have the same problem.
      Which is different and therefor not solved by the previous response. Maybe Bethers publishes not using the Bluevoda publishing functionality.
      Cheers,

Fred

Comment

Yes, I publish using the BV publishing functionality - but I don't understand how that has anything to do with you saving the page? If I publish without saving first - it still publishes my changes. If I then go to close the page, it will ask me if I want to save it - and I say yes (if I haven't already saved it).
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

As does every creative program I've ever used, including the most basic, i.e. MS Word and Excel, etc. up to Photoshop and the like. Haven't you ever noticed this?

Now, leave Bethers alone, she's smarter than all three of us combined, and you two aren't helping to improve that!

Comment

hi thanks for replying, condecending as it is,

this is the first time i have ever used a computer really apart from playing games, and have jumped straight into this, i have never used works, word, photoshop, or anything

this is whats happening to me, i will explain more clearly,

i work on a page, complete it, forget to save it, publish it,

then the publishing proceedure times out and shuts down blue voda, and it wants me to send an error report

i lose my work.

doesnt matter really now anyway, i have adapted

Comment

Hi ace,

Please accept my apologies. The interloping post set me off. The publish "time out" still shouldn't affect work you have done on your page, as all publishing does is update the page file stored in your public_html folder with your changes. Until you close page in builder, everything should be as you built, and at that point, you will be prompted to save your work.

If your publishing is constantly interrupted, I would guess that must be a server problem, and you will have to submit a support ticket.

Please don't be put off from these forums, they, and the people advising in them are invaluable, and once you get over this hump, you will find them so also!

Good luck to you,

Comment

Another thought, have you tried re-downloading BV? It may be that something is corrupt there.

Comment

:) Its not a server error its a firewall error. Even if you published without saving youd get the same result. First habit .. always save your progress, just like playing a game

Then.. add bv to your allowed programs in your firewall so that it can access the internet.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks guys,

think you may have been right about downloading bv again, it hasnt done it since i reloaded it last week.

but still i have learned to save anyway, i think i oversave now, lol

mike, no apologies necessary, i like people that say what they think, please can you check my site out and be brutal with me, i am nearly done and need some honest feedback from people that know what theyre on about

my pics at the top in the main pages will be replaced by better ones, once i get off my arse, and i will need to learn how to pix resize later to i spose.

if you want it is http://surfselectsave.com

Comment

Working...
                    X