This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress or Noah?

I'm putting together a website that will allow customers to list their classified ads, and I was perusing other threads regarding this subject. I didn't care to much for the Noah script, so I did some other research and discovered that Wordpress premium has classified templates which look to be pretty good...

This leads me to my question. would I be able to incorporate a Wordpress classified template into my Bluevoda or is Wordpress premium more of a stand alone solution?.. Or how difficult would it be to program the free version found in fantastico into my Bluevoda as a classified solution?
    BeauxArtsFair.com
    ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
    GlassIllusions.net

Re: Wordpress or Noah?

Install Wordpress to your hosting account at VodaHost via Fantastico, install your Premium Template you purchased elsewhere, and then proceed to install the plugin's for your Wordpress to incorporate the Classifieds functions.

You may be confusing some developer's descriptions of specific "customizations" related to the Classifieds functions, for Wordpress is Open Source Scripting (free, and perpetually "added to" by others contributing) and does not use such wording as "Premium" at all, not even for their optional hosting plans (where they will host your installation as a sub-domain upon theirs: http://YourDomain.Wordpress.com ).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, thanks for your response... although I'm a little confused as they call it a "theme" so all the alterations that were made to it is geared toward the functionality of this specific "theme" which in this case is a classified site... My confusion is, would I use Bluevoda to set anything up for the site, or is the Wordpress a stand-alone program that I would just use as it is?
      BeauxArtsFair.com
      GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Wordpress is a complete "stand-alone" installation, to which you load various 'theme' templates upon.
        You install it directly in your public_html/ directory (if you want it to be the website for that specific Domain) or a separate additionally created directory altogether.

You will likely need to search for and install whatever "Classifieds" plugin's required to get the function desired to make best use of your chosen theme.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK, so I would just use Vodahost as the host for that site and the Wordpress control panel to customize it instead of Bluevoda.

Thanks, that cleared things up quite a bit.
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Working...
          X