Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is GWT Saying 2 Files Not Found In New SiteMap?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is GWT Saying 2 Files Not Found In New SiteMap?

Google has 'crawled' my new sitemap twice since I removed one file and renamed another file and I submitted this sitemap WITHOUT these two files.

Why would google webmaster tools say there are 2 crawl errors for 2 files not even in the sitemap? It gives 404 errors on these files..

Is this odd??

Thanks,
    Cindy

Re: Why Is GWT Saying 2 Files Not Found In New SiteMap?

Because it takes time Cindy that's all... Just look at it again after a few days, could even be weeks, but they should pick up on the changes eventually.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
      Because it takes time Cindy that's all... Just look at it again after a few days, could even be weeks, but they should pick up on the changes eventually.
      ---------------------------------------------
      So even when you uploaded the new sitemap and it finds old urls that are
      not in the new sitemap, google webmaster is still picking up those old urls?

It says sitemap found 2 crawl errors that are 404's errors. They make it sound like it was picked up from the current, new sitremap...

Confusing, huh...

Comment

what is the url to your sitemap? I am trying thishttp://www.selfdefenseproductsflorida.com/sitemap.xml but getting no page
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hmmm, I cannot display www.selfdefenseproductsflorida.com/sitemap.xml
          either, but place url in google search and you can see the cache page.. From Jan. 3rd! Can't see the new sitemap in google search from Jan. 20th or the 28th!

Now, lets dig deeper.. Here is a copy and paste from google webmaster tools: (it shows the last download on Jan. 28th - there are only 56 html pages, the other files are jpegs and stuff it appears)
          SitemapStatusTypeDownloadedURLs submittedURLs in web index/sitemap.xml
          SitemapJan 28, 201142056

In the /public_html in Cpanel of Vodahost it shows the sitemap.xml there and it also shows it in the /www on vodahost Cpanel..

What could be going on here??

I think you are going to be the one to finally help me solve this mystery??!!

Comment

hmm not sure to be honest, try republishing your whole website again, see what happens

Comment

I did republish the products pages last night and the index page for a sale I put up so I can run google adwords.. I havent had to run google adwords in a long time as sales were coming naturally... So, I am paying to run ads right now...

I emailed Naval Design to see what he thinks of this quirly issue with the sitemap...

We'll see if he has any ideas, or anyone else.. Will also republish all tomorrow.. Nite nite... and thanks!!!

Comment

Ah, I found the answer to why the sitemap won't display in the browser...
                So, my problem may not have anything to do with the sitemap after all.. Back to square one again.... ugggg..

I use GSitecrawler and looked up the error when trying to open sitemap in browser:

The solution to "The XML page cannot be displayed" / "Error loading stylesheet"

Further text:
                Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
                The system cannot locate the object specified.
                or
                Error loading stylesheet
                This message means that the "stylesheet" file for the XML sitemap file was not found on the server. The "stylesheet" file is (simplified) a way of letting human visitors look at the XML file. It is just a simple visual representation of the data in the XML sitemap file.
                Search engines do not need the stylesheet and do not even check for it.
                You can check the XML sitemap file by using "View Source" in your browser - it will display the normal XML data in the way that Google will see it as well.
                Resolution:
                You can generally ignore this error message unless you wish to check the sitemap file in a browser. If so, you can either also upload the "gss.xsl" file (which is in the same directory as the sitemap file itself; if you choose to have the sitemap file automatically uploaded, it will upload this file as well) or you can have the GSiteCrawler generate a XML sitemap file without the stylesheet (to do this, go to "File" / "Global options" and uncheck the option "Use XML stylesheet").

Comment

Working...
                X