X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-tag clarification

Hi,
    I need a little clarification regarding h-tags. Lets say I create a text box and put a "slogan" in it. I then want to call this my h1 tag and use it on every page. Below this I create another text box and put something like a "Page Introduction" or "Welcome" in large, bold, and underlined text in it. I follow this with another text box and put in a paragraph about the subject matter. Note that the "slogan" text will be smaller font than the "Page Introduction" or "Welcome" font.
    Question #1: Does "everything" below the "slogan" become part of the h1 tag until I use an h2 tag and then everything under the h2 tag becomes part of that tag until I use etc. etc. etc....ending with the h6 tag? Or, will h1 tag actually end with the second text box containing the "Page Introduction or "Welcome" text?
    Question #2: Will the smaller font size of the "slogan" as the h1 tag be a problem because the "Page Introduction" or "Welcome" is larger?

Re: H-tag clarification

1. The h1 tagged words are what you have between the <h1> & </h1> tags & only these words. These should be short & about the main discription of the page.
    2. The larger/smaller font wont make any difference on the page if outside the h1 tags or any other tags.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris I thought that was the case. Since I posted this I re-read Vasilli's description of this again and now have a better understanding of it. I was reading something recently about h-tags on some SEO forum or other that confused me.

Comment

One last thing an I hope Vasilli's joins in...
        I read a lot about h-tags on various SEO websites but have not found one that mentions using a h6 tag to end the string on a page except here under Vasilli's excellent Sticky on this subject. Am I miss-reading what Vasilli meant?

Comment

Your slogan (which may or may not be located in or near the Header), or other "Introductory" text (similar to the introductory sentence of a paragraph) is most suitable to be used for your h1 tag. It does not matter what font size or format the h1 tag is, OTHER than it should be bigger or bolder somehow than the h2-h6 tags to indicate the emphasis required, to offer clear differentation.
          Re-read the tip, or search my posts for amplified discussions.

And yes, if you are using H-META methods properly on a website, just as you begin the application with the h1 tag, you need to "close" the scripting/relevance by using an h6 in every instance: if you only have 2 tags, you need start with the h1 and end with the h6, and likewise if you have 9 tags to create, you need start with the h1 and maybe have 7 h2 tags and then close with an h6 tag, or, just as effectively, one h1, five h2, one h4 and one h6 (you can have only one h1, as many h2 as needed, and again only one each h3-h6 tags).... this was prominently discussed in the old 'Tip' posted in these forums and furthered in the many long posts offered to others.

The script provided by CollectorsInfo mentioned in the 'Tip' makes it simple to bypass the Blue Voda bult-in feature to have more creative ability to format your H-META development the way you want it to look like, and although it may seem more laborious, the results cannot be refuted: manually creating H Tags using the scripting method allows you to choose fonts, colors, sizes, and display much more than any auto-creation method. It just takes a minimal commitment and willingness to invest the time, effort and attention to details. Anything less is compromise and laziness, IMO.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasilli!
            Thanks for the reply. I understand it completely now.
            Chris - Thanks for your input also.

Comment

.... and on we go!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X