X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VodaHost Search Engine Directory Service

Hi

I'd very much like to use the new Search Engine and Directory Submission service just announced by VodaHost. My only question is;

If all the directories with one-way links to me are US based, and my company www.experttuning.co.uk is UK based, will the links have the desired effect in helping me move up the SEO tables?

Thanks

Paul

Re: New VodaHost Search Engine Directory Service

Yes you will still benefit from this. It's not so much about where it's from, as long as the sites are ranked with the SE's and you research and choose your anchored title very carefully.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you. Much appreciated. I assume the VodaHost service takes good care of making sure the links meet the requirements to help my particular site.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

They will do their bit yes but it will take some involvement from yourself such as researching on what keyphrases to title. Use a keyword tool (Google is the best one) to help decide on this.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Brilliant. That sort of input from me I am happy to give. I have a few months of Adwords input to help.

Thanks again.

Paul

Comment

Having a country origin extension to a domain name is like looking at the glass either half-filled or half empty, depending on your perspective.

The first valuations will always be first assigned by and referenced to your local hub and then to the full WWW, meaning that it is more likely that your site will gain SERP locally first due to the "competition" of having a domain regionally specified before any open Net values are seen. With fewer sites competing in a selected arena (the local Net) for the same category of relevance, the more likely to see a site gain positive Ranking more dramatically.

If you simply had a ".com" domain, you would bypass the initial valuations and Ranking processes and although be 'competing' for values in a much larger arena, have universiality of values to build upon.

This is why as mentioned above, it is important to build upon core values for sustainable relevancy and Ranking, starting with solid Titles, KeyWords, and other developed META.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have given priority to the wording of the content on the home page, having checked keyword content against most common keyword searches for the type of business. Also (hopefully) used the best titles etc in line with recommendations.

I understand time (age of website) makes a difference too. Don't have a way to accelerate that do you? Ah well - mustn't wish my life away.

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

Organic time online does make a difference, and as mentioned, challenges exist in elevating SERP beyond local relevancies firstly while maintaining the dynamics to emerge universally, so regular updates and developing depth of Content is more important than the typical .com sites.

Any professional SEO application usually focuses on sustainable results that remain consistently measurable 6-12 months after first initial rankings, despite the grinding of teeth and pounding of fists of site owners who insist getting onto the first page is not only possible but mandatory. Within the perspective of an external domain extension, the minumum baselines should be visible only after 9-14 months after first bot visits, and then can only be vigorously worked to produce results if using professional tools and methods.

That being said, you have your work cut out for you if you're doing things on your own, and, you will need far more patience than required of others!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X