Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove the .html tag after /page-name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove the .html tag after /page-name?

I used to know how to do this but can't remember.
    I want this page www.AccessTo.biz/web.html to be accessible when user only types www.AccessTo.biz/web

I know it has something to do with making a new folder in Cpanel? and naming the page .index.

I guess I will also need to know how to modify the publishing address in order to get the page to the right place.

THANKS!

Re: How do I remove the .html tag after /page-name?

You need to

1. Either create a folder named "web" and publish the "web" page in there, AFTER renaming it to index

OR

2. Create a "web" folder. Then set a redirect through cPanel to the web.html page.

OR

3. Create a .htaccess file to do the redirect.

This last option is the same as 2. but created manually instead of going through cPanel.

Please do NOT make multiple posts on the same topic.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

If I chose option 1.

1. Either create a folder named "web" and publish the "web" page in there, AFTER renaming it to index

a. how/where do I create this folder? Cpanel?

b. what path do I use to publish to this folder after it is created.

My apologies on the the double post.

Comment

Create the "web" folder either through cPanel or FTP.

Then you publish in "public_html/web"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X