Importing php page into BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing php page into BV

I have built my site clarionword.com completely in BV, but now have need of using some php pages. Is it possible to import them into BV? Thanks. Charlieku

Re: Importing php page into BV

You can create php pages using BV. Change the page properties as follows:
    Page Properties >> File Extension: php >> OK. Instead of generating an html page during publishing, it will generate a php page.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

And yes- if you have already created pages in php -simply use the FTP Manager to move them to the server.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have php pages which I would like to import into BV so I can modify them there. Is it possible to do? If so, how? Thanks. Charlieku

Comment

Yes Charlie,

I bit sloppy, but it can be done:

1. Make duplicates of your php files for backup.
          2. Using your File Manager or Blue FTP (left pane) Right-click a php file and select Rename, then change the extension .php to .html
          3. Open BV.
          4. Select File >> New Page >> From Existing HTML Page.
          5. In your case, you have them on your computer. In the next dialog, select the Local radio button.
          6. Click Browse for a File and open the html.

You will still have some work to do as I-frames and tables are completely messed up, but at least you will have the text.

To recover php code, you may want to open the php file with Notepad.

I hope this helps. Good luck. Let us know please..
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Thanks a lot! Just what I needed. C

Comment

PHP pages with the extension set to html will result in BV importing the code as text that will appear on the screen.

You cannot really import php. What you can do is this:

Use the import feature as described above. This will only import the VISUALL result of the php code. Note that BV will NOT import frames or javascript or php code that is in the file.

Then, open your php code, and take all the script part, and insert it in your BV page either using the html box tool or pasting the code inside the page html.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X