review my site please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• review my site please

Hi All, please review my site, have encountered one problem that I am unable to resolve. When visitor enters data on form and submit, data is sent to my e-mail, but error 404 pops up on screen. have published error page, but it does not show up.
    As a newbie all suggestions would be appreciated dearly.
    Site: www.success4u4life.com

Re: review my site please

Suggestions:

In Page Properties:

1. Title your page (Name it for your tabs)
    2. Center Page Horizontally and maybe vertically, preview for best results.

For your form:

3. Add captcha to the "form"
    4. Fix the "form" so that it works, creating error and success pages.

Thats about all I got so far since its only 1 page. If you want my opinion I would also work on the color scheme.

- Regards, JRPC

Comment

Hi JRPC, your comments are greatly appreciated, have tried unsuccessfully to get assistance to get form set up right. Any suggestions where to get correct tutorials.
      Regards, Benjamin

Comment

Have you watched the video tutorials? What exactly dont you understand, or what exactly do you need help with (which part)? None of us are mind readers, thus, we only know what we are told.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance,I am totally computer illiterate, so please bear with me if I don't always use the correct terminology. The form on my website captures the data, and sends it to my e-mail, but instead of going to success or error page, it shows error 404 page to visitor after he submitted form. have error ans success pages uploaded to my file manager.
          Truly appreciate your assistance

Comment

You must create the success and error pages and name them as success and error .php respectively. The form uses them to complete the submission.

i.e.

Be sure to include those links to your created page within the setup of your form data so that the form successfully links to them.

An example would be my own pages here: www.askjprc.com/success.php and www.askjrpc.com/error.php respectively.

- JRPC

Comment

Opps Typo:

An example would be my own pages here: www.askjrpc.com/success.php and www.askjrpc.com/error.php respectively.

Comment

Hi,
                I have just tried your form and can see that your success page is working - well done! It's very long though. Maybe make it a bit shorter as you can scroll down and down on it.
                I noticed you haven't named your pages yet. In Bluevoda, If you go to any white space on your webpage, right click and select "page properties". There you can change the length of the page if you want to and enter a 'title' for each page to name them so when people look at your website online, it doesn't say "untitled page" on the tab.
                To be honest, I'm not mad about the site. I don't mean to bash it at all but think you could have a look at other people's sites and pinch some ideas to make the site look more professional - That's what I do. In particular, I'm not sure the art wording is helping. xxx
                Sally
                www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
                info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Comment

Working...
                X