Two questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions....

1.) How can I add a 'counter', like a guest counter or visitor counter to my site that is visible to everyone?

2.) I want to put audio messages on my website. I have edit them and seperated them into tracks. How can I add say 3 or 4 at a time, so they wll remain in tracks, but play in order?

Thank you so much

(here is my site)
    www.harvestbarnchurch.org

Thanks!

Re: Two questions....

i use the stat counter but if you google stat counters for websites you will find plenty to choose from.

to play tracks on your website, just upload the files to the server through your ftp tool. you should name your track no caps, no spaces and short something like this:
    track1.mp3 or
    track1.wav
    now after your tracks are uploaded you just put an image or text link on your website. the link should look like this:
    http://www.www.harvestbarnchurch.org/track1.mp3 or
    http://www.www.harvestbarnchurch.org/track1.wav

hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Two questions... (making mp3s play on BV page)

Hi Magoo, I've been trying to do what you say in this thread about uploading an mp3 to cPanel and then linking (via text, image, shape, etc) directly to it on the BV page, thus bypassing Windows MediaPlayer, RealPlayer, etc. But for some reason, when I try doing this, it's not working for me.

So far I've used a shape, a glass button, and plain text to create the link to the mp3. In each case I'm confident I've set up the link correctly because when I click the shape, button, or text, I'm taken to a blank page and above it, the browser address bar shows the exact-right URL of the mp3 I'm trying to make play.

Shouldn't my default media player pop up and start playing the mp3 at that point? FYI, if I change even one character of the URL in the "Edit Hyperlink" dialog box, I get the standard "The web page cannot be found" message.

What's strange here is that I've had no trouble uploading a variety of file types to cPanel and then linking to them either on a web page or in an e-mail. If the file I've linked to is a PDF, clicking the link makes Adobe Acrobat open and display the PDF. If I've linked to a .zip file, clicking the link makes WinZip open so I can unzip and extract the zipped files. And so on with other file types.

I appreciate any suggestions you or others can offer to help solve this mystery. By the way I did make sure the mp3 I'm trying to link to and play has an all-lower-case-letters name, with no spaces or other non-alphanumeric characters in it.

Comment

sorry i took so long to reply. the linking is very easy if you have a wave file. i understand that the mp3 is a better quality and i think Naval has a great solution:

good luck and let us know how you did. you can also search mp3 music on the search feature. there may be other suggestions
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Two questions... (making mp3s play on BV page)

I looked at that page that Naval created with the menu of mp3 songs, and it's great, but:

1) Do I HAVE to use an I-frame to make my mp3 files play right there on the BV page? I'm concerned that many(?) users' browsers don't support I-frames.

2) I tried putting an I-frame on a BV page and putting the link to my mp3 in the I-frame, and it's still not working: when I preview the page, there's nothing inside the frame, and my default media player doesn't open to play the mp3.

3) Naval, how did you make each song-title button pop its mp3 into the I-frame when the button is clicked?

Just noticed, I have a couple of capital letters in the filename of the mp3. Is that why it's not playing when I preview the page? THANK YOU.

Comment

could be the reason. have you looked at more threads in the mp3 music category. i remember collectors suggesing a website that plays mp3 music.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
            X