Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop people from saving my pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop people from saving my pictures?

I have a serious problem of people coming onto my website and saving or copying my pictures for their own use.
    How can I protect my pictures from this happening in the future.
    I breed German Shepherds so have a lot of puppy pictures on my site, people come on and then save my pictures onto their computer then use my pictures in their adverts to help sell their puppies.
    Please can someone help with this problem.
    Thank you
    Carolyne

Re: How do I stop people from saving my pictures?

Cant be done! You can only place a water mark across them to make it more difficult.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Is this because it can't be done on BlueVoda as I know a few of my friends with websites (different web builders) and they ALL have been able to prohibit people from 'right clicking' their photos!
      Is there another way around it?

Comment

YOu can disable RIGHT CLICK .. but i can still STEAL your pics and your friends pics. All you have to do is VIEW SOURCE.. get the link and save it

It has NOTHING to do with blue voda.. doesnt matter what they build with.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Can also just take a screen shot. (Alt Print screen) then (Ctrl V) into paint.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok but that is only if one is REALLY determined to steal.

The function I am looking for is when one right clicks a picture and the box comes up with a caption ie 'This function is disabled' or ' You do not have permission for this function'
            That is all I am after because if this deters 99% of people then I am happy.
            So if someone knows how to put this onto the pictures I would be grateful for the answer
            thank you in antispation

Comment

But remember that many visitors wile loose other important functions like bookmaking you.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Anyone whom you are worried about stealing your pics.. is more than savvy enough to work around RIGHT CLICK.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i was curious about the picture thing too. Although it can be protected from picture stealing. I don't remember what site i was on but no matter what or how i tried to copy that photo it couldnt be done. if i right clicked it a screen came up and said i am not athourized to take that photo. and some other crazy stuff too. i know it can be done. and im sure it has to do with html. or something like that.

Comment

look if you have a picture on a screen it can be taken. even if you have a watermark on it, picture manipulation will let someone color over the watermark and let it blend into the picture. even complete videos can be taken as long as they are on the internet. what if you had a membership page - the first page may be a distorted version of the dogs that you want to show and you tell your visitors that if they want to see the dog in reall time then they can join your club. that way you know who is looking at the pictures, etc... just a thought.
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Anything that you allow your users to see on your website can be stolen (Be it text, images, or video). There is no way to provide 100% protection of you content. Text and images are the easiest, video is a little trickier. There is nothing wrong with trying to prevent it, but you also need to consider your users as well. Disabling right click, while it may foil a few people (Certainly not the majority), it is going to annoy most of your frequest visitors, and inhibits their normal functionality.

It's like building a brick wall around your car, while people won't be able to steal it, you also can't use it.

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

All this, because you don't want someone to "steal" your dog pictures? I wonder how many pictures you have "stolen"? Look, if you post something online, be prepared to have someone, "steal" it.
                        Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
                        West Insurance

I'm swell, thanks for asking...

Comment

roflmao

Comment

This is a method that will stop being able to right click and save a photo without disabling the right click function.
                            Put a clear gif over anything that you do not want copied. The "Save As" function will still appear however all you will save is a clear gif.
                            This forces the use of a screen capture or viewing the source code.
                            Many will not want to go to this trouble.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi
                            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Just put a empty layer over the picture. it can help only from right click.
                              Naveen Kyatham

Comment

Working...
                              X