Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to install and use WordPress in the old-fashioned Blogging way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to install and use WordPress in the old-fashioned Blogging way?

Hi VodaHost,

I've had an easy-to-run Word Press blog on my Blue Voda website in 2013, which I stopped doing (abandoned it). I tried to install a new one to start writing new good blogs - I can't access and resume working on my old blog page - but ran into complications. (It seems to be different - and a lot more complicated - than in the old days and I'm confused).
    I also want to avoid running into "black hat" and similar problems.
    Please advise what's the easiest, simplest way to get a new Word Press installed on my good old website and operate it as a blog without technical problems.
    Thank you.
    Gabor

www.gaborismusic.com
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: What's the best way to install and use WordPress in the old-fashioned Blogging wa

Hi,

Simply install it through fantastico of your control panel, it will walk you through the process.

If you need help, open a support ticket and ask a technician to install it for you! We also recommend you remove or have a technician remove your old wordpress blog if you are not using it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: What's the best way to install and use WordPress in the old-fashioned Blogging wa

Thank you for the advice regarding Fantastico and WP. It didn't work. I'm assuming, there's a conflict with my previous WP data residing there. I'm opening a support ticket.
      As to the other part of my question (should I start a new thread?): I read Vasili's wise (like always) "diatribe" about "black cats" and all those scary things beyond my (and every simple, normal blogger's) comprehension, and it seems to say that, no matter how we try it, we're either going to run into the blackhat syndrome or our WP blogs won't reach the public... What's the mess? Is there a simple, blood-free way to do it? (I don't want anything "tricky", only to run my WP blog in an old-fashioned, uncomplicated way. Must I get involved in all those convoluted processes to get a simple WP blog run? ...Vasili??)
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Working...
      X