This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Add H1-H6 Tags?

Ive been told adding H1 and H2 tags ect to my pages html will assist with search engine ranking so I would like to do it in my blue voda created pages. Looking at the html they dont seem to have been inserted? Im not very comfortable with html but can see two possible ways of adding it - either right clicking on the blue voda page and being restricted by the headings, or dragging a html box onto the page. Both ways seem to not offer very much control on where the tags go? Are they the two options, am I missing something? Is there a further option involving the control panel? Could someone please advise me how to add the html to an exact point in the code? www.secondhandbookshed.com

Re: What is the best way to go about adding H1 and H2 tags to my pages html?

Follow the manual directions outlined here > SEO TIP: Proper H-Meta Development & Techniques
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: What is the best way to go about adding H1 and H2 tags to my pages html?

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Follow the manual directions outlined here > SEO TIP: Proper H-Meta Development & Techniques
      Thats wonderful. Thank you very much.

Comment

More on adding H1-H6 tags

I thought the information provided on my previous question would answer my concerns re the procedure to add H1 H2 tags ect to a Blue Voda page - I need to clarify that I have understood correctly what to do - I would hate to make a mistake that was penalised by the search engines.

I am wanting to write say 300 words of text with a heading (H1) and subheadings (H2) finishing with a subheading labelled H6. To do this im thinking the easiest way is to enter the text on the Blue Voda page, leaving space where I want the headings and subheadings to go - then put the code in the html box that can be accessed on the left of the blue voda page and drag it across to the place I have left vacant for that heading?

The code to go in the html box would be <center><h1> <font face="comic sans ms" color="FFFFFF" size="4">Your headline here</font></h1></center> (changed as needed for a h2 or h3 tag ect).

Does this sound as if it would work and be acceptable to the search engines?

Comment

Re: More on adding H1-H6 tags

You are not reading the instructions carefully enough: you do not "add code to a HTML Box" on your BlueVoda Page and "drag it" ...
          You add the code to the individual H-Tag Text Box ('Headlines' or H-Tags need be in a separate, individual Text Box placed on your page -- separated from the Text Box used for Page Content following each H-Tag Text Box).
          The fact each H-Meta (H-Tag "Headline") is in a separate Text Box makes it easy to re-position it above Content Text Boxes to appear "aligned" normally on your page, as if it was actually part of the regular Content: only you and the Search Engines know it is specifically formatted independently with the importance H-Tags create.

Adding H-Tag Code To BlueVoda Text Boxes:

Right-click on the H-Tag Text Box > HTML to reveal the HTML Dialog with Tabs
          This is where you will find the Tabs as mentioned in the outline mentioned earlier to place the specific relevant code, and, as BlueVoda no longer uses CSS and in versions after BV11 also includes the ability from the BV Toolbar to FORMAT > STYLE > HTML of your H-Tags (which you need to be careful to actually format according to the Font, Size, and Color of your Text on your Page).

Paste the proper code in the proper Tab for the page location as directed:
          a. for the H1 Tag Text Box paste
          <h1 style="margin:0px;"> in the BEFORE Tab, and;
          b. manually type
          </h1> in the AFTER Tab, and so on for each Tag (h1 - h6), being sure to include the all-important h6 tag to "close" the string.

To provide a more lucid visual aid to clarify, here is an example of typical H-Meta applied to sample web page text (which for intents of this example is a page about "SEO practices"):

Search Engine Optimization Best Practices. .< Your H-1 Tag, the most important "Headline" for the Page/Article Content

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam quis mi ante. Vestibulum ac tortor rutrum odio scelerisque sodales. Phasellus porta ornare urna, sit amet volutpat neque cursus mattis. Sed dignissim ornare massa, quis congue nunc rhoncus sit amet.

Creating a SEO Strategy . . . .< Your first H2 tag
          Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam quis mi ante. Vestibulum ac tortor rutrum odio scelerisque sodales. Phasellus porta ornare urna, sit amet volutpat neque cursus mattis. Sed dignissim ornare massa, quis congue nunc rhoncus sit amet.

Donec eu lacus felis, sit amet tempus odio. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dui arcu, adipiscing sed volutpat nec, luctus tincidunt tortor. Vivamus pretium hendrerit leo, ultrices scelerisque magna interdum quis. Curabitur in orci dui, eu ullamcorper lectus. Cras sollicitudin diam vitae elit bibendum et pretium justo rhoncus. Proin dolor est, ullamcorper a cursus eu, interdum at mi.

Optimization Methods: Black Hat vs White Hat
          . . . . .< Your second H2 tag

Donec eu lacus felis, sit amet tempus odio. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dui arcu, adipiscing sed volutpat nec, luctus tincidunt tortor. Vivamus pretium hendrerit leo, ultrices scelerisque magna interdum quis. Curabitur in orci dui, eu ullamcorper lectus. Cras sollicitudin diam vitae elit bibendum et pretium justo rhoncus. Proin dolor est, ullamcorper a cursus eu, interdum at mi.

Developing High Value Optimized Content
          . < Your third H2 tag --- you can have multiple H2 Tags, but only ONE of the others!

Composing Relevance Using Page and Image Titles Mirroring Keywords
          < Your H4 Tag -- if you wish

The Proper Use Of Reciprocol and Back Links < Your H5 Tag -- if you wish

Continuity As a Critical Optimization Strategy < Your H6 Tag, closing the string on the page

By following these simple standards, you should be able to easily create an optimized web page that out-performs others in your same genre, and provide visitors with a clearer (and more convertible) understanding that lasts. . < Simple "End Headline" that organically emphasizes naturally composed text by using Bold, but not included in H-Meta.

Keep in mind as mentioned in the outline, you can have multiple H2 tags, which is the way to deal with Content that is larger and with more Heads than might be allowed if only using 6 H-tags: though you can have as many H2 tags as needed, you are allowed only 1 of any other.

You need to read the outline offered to you very carefully if you are to use the described methods effectively.

Comment

H1 Tags, still some issues.

Sorry to open another thread. I have unresolved issues carrying over from my previous question. Thanks very much for the reply there which helped a lot. I think my problem was that the slab of text was entered in a single text box and I couldnt understand how the H1 H2 tags ect could be placed accurately within it. Now that I understand the H1 H2 headings are to be in their own text boxes it is much clearer. Although the H1 H2 and H6 tags now appear to be correctly placed on the page (www.secondhandbookshed.com ,index page) they appear to have created a new problem in that the last part of the text, below the H6 tag, briefly appeared on the screen when published, but now stubbornly is absent from the space it should go, appearing well down the page by itself (wich is much longer than it should be). As far as I can tell I have followed the instruction in the last post to the letter - can someone please advise what the current cause and possible solution to the current problem might be?

Comment

Re: H1 Tags, still some issues.

The Text Box is extending beyond the right Page margin and/or is overlapping another element on the page (line, shape, border, etc.), and thus is 'reforming' upon the page abnormally.

In fact, (and even without a defined 'Page' area to judge by eye), you can move all the Text boxes to the left on your page to better "Center" them and to provide the extra right-hand spacing you might need to place your Text Boxes best on your page.

Be sure also, to be "updating, Saving, and re-Publishing" your pages using the prescribed methods as outlined here.

It's all about minding the details ...

Comment

Working...
              X