X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can look but you must not laugh!

hi Guys

Here is my very first attempt at website design,
    comments and advice would be appreciated.

www.expresshomebuyers.biz

Thanks very much

Robert

Re: You can look but you must not laugh!

Ya did good!
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

G'day Robert,

Mate, I just had a quick look.. but I got a few comments.. First, I didn't laugh, so I'm playing by the rules.

Now, Why are the pictures of bundles of money are not the same size..?? some are strectched and resized.. I suggest you have them all the same. The size that looks best to me was the one in the 'How we Work' page.

The bottom banner about the cash offer is far too low on some pages.. needs to come up. Also, the same banner is repeated twice on the 'sell and rent back page'.. I think.

Index page, why not try to have the Marquee scroll below the header..?? see how it looks.

Apart from that, everything looks fine to me.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks Carlos for the comments, have considered and made some changes.

I found it difficult to workout where to position the bottom banner as the design on blue voda screen is diferent than when published. Is there a way of 'floating' the banner automatically so that it always appears right at the end of the text box above it ?

Thanks again
        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert clark
          Thanks Carlos for the comments, have considered and made some changes.

I found it difficult to workout where to position the bottom banner as the design on blue voda screen is diferent than when published. Is there a way of 'floating' the banner automatically so that it always appears right at the end of the text box above it ?

Thanks again
          Robert
          Yes Robert..

Any object can be made to float on the screen at all time.. The disadvantage of this is that it will always keep its position on the screen and on top of all other content, so it might cover text or images.. but as you scroll, the object will move to keep its position on the screen. The other thing is not all computers may support the script that will drive that function.

My opinion is to just place the banner at the bottom of every page like you already have done.. but just bring them up a little bit. The way you can do this is by simply bringing the banner up in your BV allowing say about 60 to 80px gap... or whatever space you want as long as it is not too much.. Given it's the last object at the bottom of the screen, try to get it visible as the visitor views the last readible item (ie, text) that way they wont think the page is finished and there's nothing else to see.

Obviously, there is a way of making the banner fixed (static not floating) but positioned underneath each text. The way to do that is to redesign your pages in 'Table' styles.. that means the table will push everything down and move the cells beneath them proportionately.. But having said that, if you are not using tables, this case does not warrant changing your entire page.. It's not that big of a problem..

I wrote the above so that you have some ideas of possible functions, but honestly, the best way to tackle this, is just by doing it manually one by one since there's not much to do.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Comment

Looking good to me, nice template design, easy to navigate and the the customer is going to know exactly what you are offering within seconds of coming to your site which is a big bonus as many people turn away if pages load slow or the get bored and don't what you're selling in those first few seconds.

Well done
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
            X