This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting form-submitted data into .csv (or similar) file

Hi Naval (or whoever) . . . Having a slight problem with the Form Wizard: I've been using the "Contact 1" template to create a simple name-and-email capture form. It works fine in terms of sending the submitted info to the email address I give it and re-directing the user to the page I want after he/she submits.

But I also want the form data to be copied to a .csv file in cPanel. So in BV, I click the form, Form Properties opens, and I tick the box beside "Write form data to a .csv file" and I follow the prompts to create the .csv in the directory where I want it. After doing this, I see the correctly named .csv in that folder in cPanel and re-publish the page with the form on it.

Then, when I try using thru the form, I get an error page saying:
    Warning: fopen(./public_html/testdata.csv) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vtrsgwu/public_html/resources.php on line 16
    can't open file

After getting this message, I go into cPanel, open the .csv, the data (just name and e-mail address) I entered is NOT in it. Worse, I find the data also hasn't been e-mailed to me (but data was e-mailed to me before I ticked "Write form data to a .csv file" and re-published).

I'm guessing there's (fairly) simple solution to this, just wondering if you or anyone can confirm what it is. THANK YOU.

Re: Getting form-submitted data into .csv (or similar) file

The csv file must be in the same folder as the form.

Pls try and post back.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, Naval, for your prompt reply. I've confirmed that both the .csv and page containing the form are in the root directory (public_html) of my BV site. Here's the page:

In the BV page file, when I double-click the form, are there any restrictions on what can types of data can go in the "Form Name" field? It currently has all alpha characters and one punctuation mark (a colon :). Hoping you have another suggestion for me . . . thanks.

Comment

Hi, just checking in on this thread, hoping a moderator can help me figure out why, even though I have the csv file in the same folder as the form on this page, data submitted thru the form is not being captured in the csv AND is not being e-mailed to the address specified in the form properties. THANK YOU.

Comment

The form name should only contain letters and underscores (no white spaces). However this will only affect the built in Validation Javascript, not the form funtionality.

I'm sorry, since these are errors that we can NOT see just by looking at the form, one would need to enter your account to find out why it doesn't work for you.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Good news, I figured out the TWO things I had wrong in the form:

1) As you said, the form name has to be a continuous string of characters (had spaces before)
            2) In Form Properties, the "Filename" field must contain ONLY the name of the .csv file (until today, I'd had "public_html/testdata.csv" in that field).

Now that I've made those two changes, when I test the form:

- I'm re-directed to the correct thank you page (no error message comes up)
            - The info entered in the form is e-mailed to the correct address
            - The info entered in the form is captured in the testdata.csv file which I can download via cPanel

All of which makes me HAPPY.

Thanks for your help, Naval!

Comment

Hello Naval, would you be able to help me with my .csv form related problem?

When you download the .csv the first column on the spreadsheet displays the date and time which is great for the application that i will be using it in. However, the time is displayed 6 hours behind the UK time - How can I get the time to show GMT?

Appreciate your input

Comment

You will have to trick the code, as the built in form processor doesn't allow adding any code.

In the Form Properties, in the "Subject" field, type this code:

Website form';date_default_timezone_set("Europe/London");$a='

You MUST include the single quotes.
                You can replace the standard Subject Website Form with whatever you need (but NO quotes please)
                Navaldesign

Comment

One word... Genius!

Thank you, you've solved my problem

Comment

Working...
                  X