This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add HTML to my website

Hi I have had a SEO Company working on my website www.free2light.com and they have added the following (SHOWN BELOW IN BPLD RED) relevant HTML code. I am no longer using them but need to add it to my site using the Bluevoda web builder but I can not put it in the same part as they have. I have tried to put it in using page html but it will not show in the same place as they have placed it, can anyone help please.
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda Website builder http://www.bluevoda.com">
    <meta name="HOSTING" content="Hosting Provided By VodaHost http://www.vodahost.com">
    <meta name="google-site-verification" content="FUQqJCSuuvoLUUG1f76F-U44B0yNjcMg7iCD9F95HyI" />
    <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="352244FD89A61AF7879D6CB3E427A040" />
    <meta name="robots" content="noodp,noydir" />
    <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.free2light.com/"/>
    <style type="text/css">
    div#container
    {
    width: 960px;
    position: relative;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;

Re: Add HTML to my website

Open your page in BV. Right click anywhere on a blank space of the page and select Page HTML
    Then click on the "Between <head> ..</head> tag and paste the code in the lower window.
    Exit, save and publish the page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
      Does it matter that the html code is not in the same place as our SEOs have placed it, can you please help me with 2 other problems I have. They have placed the html code below and I am not sure where to put this or what it is, when I open my site on BV Web builder it shows as HTML code.
      Follow @free2lightecigs !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);j s.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}} (document,"script","twitter-wjs");

My second question is they have added a Google + button and I am not sure how to do this and would be grateful for help with this.
      Thanks to all

Comment

The Google + button should be placed in a HTML box (although sometimes you also need some code in the <head>...</head> Page code.

The code in red seems to be Javascript, but seems incomplete to me. And they SHOULD provide you with instructions on how to place it in your page.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I still have a problem. I only have the following options on my BV page
          How do I physically place the tracking snippet between the <script> and the </head>. There are only the following windows
          • Start of page
          • Between head tag
          • Inside body tag
          • Beginning of body
          • End of body
          • End of page

"Between the head tag"does place the snippet After <sript> and just before the </head> tag
          Please help as I am IT challenged
          Regards
          Mike

Comment

* With regard to adding G+ to your BlueVoda page, please review the following Tip that makes each step quite clear:
            > Adding Google+ To Your BlueVoda Webpage
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Between head tag.
              Navaldesign

Comment

From Michael Stead
                My post yesterday should have read
                "Between the head tag"does not place the snippet After <sript> and just before the </head> tag. Please help
                Mike

Comment

You need to know the basics about CODE, as you are running around in circles unnecessarily:

1. All scripts begin and end with specific Tags to indicate the start point and ending point of the action written in-between them, and these tags are 'contained' within special brackets as seen here: <script> </script> and the "/" indicates the END, or CLOSE of the string.

Obviously in your posts, you are focusing on a single CODE string that seems to be missing the Start Tag, or cannot see that the script needs to inserted just as advised on your page BETWEEN THE HEAD tags ( .. <head>all-META-pasted-here</head> ..) using the method in BlueVoda repeated to you. If once pasted in as advised it does not look correct to you, you should probably be sure that your code is perfect (and not missing any tags) or simply place it where directed without an opinion of how it looks.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X