• How do you automate Forum Ranks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to automate Forum Ranks in phpBB3 instead of
    assigning the ranks manually?

Thanks.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Re: How do you automate Forum Ranks

Calling Alien Dude this is an interstellar transmission..........!

We are from a friendly planet.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

You assign ranks in the admin area under users.. i think it is..and you set the rank to display to so many posts. Once they post the max you set their rank will auto change.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

Under users, where you select the username and then assign the rank is tantamount to assign the rank manually.

How do you get the forum to assign the ranks automatically to a member
        every time he attains a targeted number of post?

Under which headings does this function come under. I cant find it under Ranks nor Under Manage Users.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

Comment

Go to... Admin panel>Users and groups>manage ranks... There you may name the rank title and input the minimum amout of post a member needs to post in order to attain that rank.
          Hope it helps.

Comment

Is there a way to set it up in phpbb so that as a users rank climbs, they are able to do more things? I want to set it up so that when a user hits the second rank they can use an avatar, when they hit the third rank they can use a signature, and so forth. Is there a way to automate this??

Comment

Yes.. you have to set the permissions for it. I dont remember exactly whre it is in phpbb, but.. i believe its user permissions that you can edit by rank.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Does nayone know for sure where it is? I couldnt find it under users' permissions, and Ilooked around and still cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSpeed View Post
                  Is there a way to set it up in phpbb so that as a users rank climbs, they are able to do more things? I want to set it up so that when a user hits the second rank they can use an avatar, when they hit the third rank they can use a signature, and so forth. Is there a way to automate this??

I dont think it can be done the way you want as explained above.

Automation of ranks should remain strictly promotion in ranks.

What they are eligible for after reaching a targeted post should be in the form of a seperate announcement explaining what is required to the users,
                  similar to the one in VodaTalk explaining the ranking system employed.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSpeed View Post
                    Does nayone know for sure where it is? I couldnt find it under users' permissions, and Ilooked around and still cant find it
                    Permissions for everything is listed somewhere.. and im pretty sure. that rank can have permissions set for it as well... and what they can have access too.. and the rooms they can access. If you cant find it.. check the phpbb forum.. and maybe it was an addon we had that did this.. been over 3 years since i administered a phpbb forum on a regular basis.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm pretty sure you will need an addon to do this. While you can set ranks to change based on post count, phpbb3 by default doesn't have permissions based on rank, nor do they have usergroups based on post count (Usergroups have the permissions, that is what would have to change as your users post).

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
                        I'm pretty sure you will need an addon to do this. While you can set ranks to change based on post count, phpbb3 by default doesn't have permissions based on rank, nor do they have usergroups based on post count (Usergroups have the permissions, that is what would have to change as your users post).

Hi watdaflip.

Do you know where I can obtain this add-on?

Thanks.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        State of Johor.

Comment

Working...
                        X