X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking items on my website

Hello
    I am using Blue Voda to build my website which is to do with clothes but I need to keep track of stock, size etc. How do i do this?

Thanks
    Fix Up Clothing

Re: Tracking items on my website

You can't. You need a full cart with built-in features to manage inventory as you ask, more long the lines of osCommerce, ZEN, CUBE, and Soholaunch (providing you purchase, install, and configure the required Soho pulgins) ... all of which you can install via Fantastico in your cPanel (once you get your account Reset as advised).

Comparing Shopping Carts in Fantastico
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili

Thank you for the advice. What would you recommended I should do?
      Should I change to Soholaunch, zen cart, cube cart etc.

Thanks
      Fix Up Clothing

Comment

Personally, having watched your progress (or lack thereof) with Blue Voda and how you struggled with simpler things, I think you should set up a PayPal system in Blue Voda so you can base yourself on a foundation that you will be able to manage, update, and fully administrate yourself.

Migrating to another foundation like a full-borne cart will blow your mind and you will get nowhere real fast. It will likely be too much for you to wrap your head around. Once your system is set up using payPal on Blue Voda and you are up to speed using it fully, then you can always add a script to manage inventory levels and the like, but since it involves creating a databse and other things, this complication is beyond your reach for now .... let your business grow to the point that it requires it, first. And, clearly, your business is just starting to evolve and is not needing the technical 'whiz-bang' you envision. So too, you need to evolve your personal technicas capabilities in pace so to better function both today and tomorrow. This is why having a real Business Plan is important, so your Web Plan can mirror your growth and fully meet the obligations while making measurable progress.

Bottom line .... with your past struggles using Blue Voda, a shopping cart experience will probably frustrate you to no end, so stick with Blue Voda until you develop the experience, skill, and understanding that is required to mature online. You'll know then if changing or other if steps are really necessary.

Did you get my email sent to "@live.com"?
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X