fixing the php include

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing the php include

It would be nice to have the php include command be written properly within the source code of a page. As of now, when one uses the php include command with BV, rather than add the element, object, menu link, whatever, within the<html> tag, BV adds it as it's own new <html> with a second <head> and <body> tags for each php include command. If one has 3 includes, it will show as if on added 4 pages into one source page. This is poor code writing and it affects us when googlebots attempt to read our page code before it indexes out pages. Google sees this as an attempt to trick it or confuse it and thus blacks lists a site so even a simple www.xxxxxx.com will not return any results.

It ssems this is an issue of somebody used to Frontpage methods turned all the webbot includes into php includes without modifying the included files but I'm not a BV programmer but it would be super if they could take a look into this and fix it because this will really hurt their business and good name... I for one know I will be looking else where if this is not resolved, it's a pretty serious issue!

Thank you
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: fixing the php include

I'm with you - I publish, then ftp the code back, edit it through Dreamweaver to remove all the extraneous <head>s etc then ftp it back.

Comment

I dont use the include method on my index pages but do use it for all other pages.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

There is no way a HTML generator (BV is a generator) can do what you ask for. Not BV nor any other in the world.
        Furthermore, you would need to use a global css file, or in-line stling of the elements, otherwise the "included" elements would lose their styling.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X