Domain Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Dilemma

There are many questions in this forum, I reviewed them and hope this is not a repeat. Months ago I got my BV domain and account. I soon realized it was too long. I found another, shorter name, which I registered with yahoo. I then dropped yahoo and added the short name as additional name with BV. That seemed to work fine until I tried getting the short name recognized with places like McAffee Site Advisor.

I need your opinion. Should I leave the second as an add on, or just change it, dropping the old name competely.

The old name is "chicagocycleconnection.com. The add on domain is:
    chicycle.com. I am sure you can see the difference. Are there significant differences to changing the name versus leaving it as an add-on?

I am looking for a professional opinion here, for that, I know I am in the right spot, asking the best. Thanx

Re: Domain Dilemma

An add-on domain is it's own domain - so shouldn't be any problem. You just need to redirect the original domain to the 2nd or vice versa.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Domain Dilemma

I guess my problem still exits as I have tried repeatedly to have my add-on domain verified with McAfee site advisor by placing their text files in the public html file and the folder for the add-on domain (chicycle.com)with no luck. The primary site has been verified with no problem, but I don't want an unverified report coming back on the other name and make visitors nervous. My syats already show that is happening. I have tried to contact McAfee about this with bo luck. Any suggestions?

Thanx

Comment

Working...
      X