wp plugins won't install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wp plugins won't install

I have a couple of sites pheasantoutfitter.com and zogblog.com that are both hosted on vodahost. Both of these sites i am having issues when trying to install new plugins.

This is not a plugin issue or a version of wp issue (running 3.1)....i think.

Here is the message i get....any suggestions.

I am not having problems w/ some of my other sites regarding plug in issues on other hosting accounts.

Downloading install package from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugi...n-gallery.zip…
    Unpacking the package…
    Could not create directory. /public_html
    Return to Plugin Installer

Re: wp plugins won't install

You must install puglins directly from within your WP Dashboard, which has the auto-installer.

You do not manually upload or install plugins, and thus the improper manner is being reported as an error message: cannot create directory.

During upload, use the following info:
    Hostname: localhost
    User Name: the same User name you use to logon to cPanel or publish BV with
    Password: the same Pasword you use to logo9n to cPanel or publish BV with.

If these steps are followed and the message persists, most likely the plugin you are attempting to install is not compatible with the version of WP installed, or with the Template itself.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, thanks for the quick response.

To upload plugins or themes i use the wp dashboard.
      Right now it is not allowing me to upload themes or plugins via the dashboard. i.e. plugins, add new.

Previously i did this w/ no problems at all using;

ftp.mysite.com
      username
      password.

I tried what you said a put it "localhost"....i am getting the same result

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        You must install puglins directly from within your WP Dashboard, which has the auto-installer.
        During upload, use the following info:
        Hostname: localhost
        User Name: the same User name you use to logon to cPanel or publish BV with
        Password: the same Pasword you use to logo9n to cPanel or publish BV with.
        If these steps are followed and the message persists, most likely the plugin you are attempting to install is not compatible with the version of WP installed, or with the Template itself.
        You'll need to contact VodaHost Support to see if there is something singularly affecting your account, and/or seek similar resolution from Wordpress Support.

Comment

Hi

I would be interested to know if you solved this?

I have a similar problem. I get the same message or a slightly different one when I try and install plugins.

Having done a bit of trouble shooting I have found the following:

I have 3 plugins installed fine.

If I delete one of these and install a replacement it installs fine.

However I can't update these 3 or install a 4th.

Could it be a space issue? (I know this is probably a silly question but I am a real begginer)

Thanks

Comment

Sounds more like there is a compatibility issue with your Template/Theme, that it may not be enabled.
            Check to be sure the plugins were designed to run together (do some hoemwork researching in the Wordpress Forums) and visit the Theme Support Forum to note any outlines you may have missed.
            * You do know that proper application of plugins requires you to be version-specific with regard to Wordpress, Theme, and plugin, correct?

It is not a "space issue" with regard to hosting, as there is no limit at VodaHost.

Comment

Hi Vasili

Thanks for the quick response. The Theme is Arjuna. I think it is pretty common and there is nothing in the support that has been helpful. The Plugins are all fairly standard as well. All in one SEO, Permalinks, Socialize and smartlinks.

WP version is 3.1 so no compatability issuse

Any further ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by easyrecruit.ie View Post
                Any further ideas?
                Again .... your need to find answers from Wordpress support, not from these Forums (which are dedicated to supporting Blue Voda, peer VodaHost hosting clients, and random issues on a volunteer basis), or your Hosting Provider (which makes it clear they do not offer support for Wordpress beyond Tutorials and Fantastico! installations).

Apparently the peer-help offered has in fact "helped" others, but singularly not you as you struggle with your addition of plugins. This being the case, it pays to look closer as to why.

The issues you describe are all "3rd -Party" related: you are using a Theme you found elsewhere, are attempting to install plugins obtained and provided elsewhere, and describe a negative response from using standard, normal methods to operate Wordpress. Plugins all come with "Use at Your Own Risk" from Wordpress, so once again, you need to contact Wordpress for a more satisfactory solution.

Comment

Working...
                X