Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help adding a second domain & site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help adding a second domain & site.

Hello helpful friends.

I built another small web site and followed the directions on adding another domain name for the site. I uploaded the new site and it completely replaced my main site, so I had to delete everything in the folder and upload my original site.

Could you send a link on adding a 2 domain name and website, not a subdomain.

Thanks you in advance. Jerry

www.hamptonroadsestates.com

Re: Need help adding a second domain & site.

Any website besides your main on (the initial one you created with you vodahost account) will look like a sub domain or directory on your hosting space. When you publish you need to make sure that you add that directory after "public_html" so it publishes there instead of overwriting your main site.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I added the new domain name and published the site into its own folder in the public_html folder. I change the name severs, but the site doesn't come up. www.243jonesmill.com Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks.

Comment

Hey,

I had that same issue..When you click publish, your logon box will pop up...before you click publish look at the bottom in the box where it says: Folder: public_html. What you do is type public_html/foldername (of subdomain website)... click publish. Make sure that you remember to remove the folder name of your subdomain when working on your other site otherwise you will overwrite it.

Comment

Have you added the site as an addon domain in your cpanel? Please go HERE to find the control panel tutorials - the 2nd one down will be about how to add an addon domain.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I added the site as an addon domain in the cpanel. And I published the site in its own folder in the public_html folder and all the files are there. Web site still coming up blank in the browser. Any Advice???
            Thanks again.

Comment

Here's what I found now. The new site is coming up in my main site:

http://www.hamptonroadsestates.com/243jonesmill/ it should be

www.243jonesmill.com by itself. Thanks agian for any help.

Comment

Why does 243jonesmill.com result as a free (not registered domain) in WhoIs ?

If you have purchased this domain name, it is simply a propagation issue (takes 24 - 48 hrs for the dns to propagate)
                Also, if you have purchased this domain name, make sure to point it's DNS (nameservers) to your VH account.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am having a tuff time here. I got the site up, but the graphics are blank.

www.243jonesmill.com

Thanks

Comment

You probably have hotlink protection enabled in your Control Panel. Check it. You must either disable it or add your addon in the list of allowed sites.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign,

I disabled the hotlink protection. Now the main page comes up and the area links page comes up, but the photos and documents pages do not. I republished them, check the navgation buttons and all are correct.. Thanks for any sugestions.

Jerry
                      www.243jonesmill.com

Comment

There you have a simple typo: you have linked the pages as "photos.html" and "documents.html" but the pages are actually "Photos.html" and "Documents.html". Click on http://www.243jonesmill.com/Photos.html and http://www.243jonesmill.com/Documents.html to see your pages.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your help Navaldesign.

Its working great now and can't wait to keep learning this and build more sites. So I now understand that don't name a page with caps.

Thank again.
                          jerry

www.243jonesmills.com

Comment

You are very welcome
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

Does every domain name you purchase send you an email regarding the login info or DNS server? I purchased a domain name, and then realized that I could get a free one as well. So vodahost set me up with the free domain as well when I purchased my package. The new domain is set up as an addon but I was never given the proper DNS server to change. So when I publish just like it says above into my public_html/teamnewidea folder it just registers it as teamnewidea.lordlogo.com. By the way lordlogo.com is my main site. This is a minor error or what do I need to do differently? If I need to change the DNS server of it I will. Also when I added my addon domain it also made it a subdomain? I dont know what the deal is with this any assistance would be great. I understand all the stuff about making two indexes and two folders. I just dont know why www.teamnewidea.com, and www.lordlogo.com are so hard to publish seperate you would think there would be an easier way.

Thanks again for your assistance
                              Cheers,

Logos, Web Design, and much more CLICK HERE

Design, and Christian forum please CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X