Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Review

Hi Everyone,

For some reason I was not able to access the forum for weeks but thanks to the support staff, I'm Back. Would someone please look at me site and tell me what you think so far.

www.mingshouseoffashion.com

I need help with giving the illusion that my page is pages instead of one long page. Can anyone help me with that?

Re: Site Review

Off to a good start Camille.

Some tips to make it look better:
    -Center your pages, you can do this from page properties, click on "center in browser"
    -Slow down the marquee and consider giving it more spaces above and under so it doesn't eat into the the other text.
    -Consider relocating the date, maybe under the NavBar.
    -Not all of your links are working (Refund, Donnavinci) and in a couple of pages the links open new windows which many users may find distracting.
    -The NavBar mouse over needs work, you have left the default VH, no problem there however the logo overlaps the text.
    -The NavBar in Contact page shows white squares behind the menu bars, you can eliminate the pink background or consider just a pink background for the form itself.
    -Check your grammar: This years collection (Showroom) should read "...year's...", there a few other sentence structure errors that you might want to proofread.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bill2006 seems to have all the basis covered.
      Site does look good but with the minor adjustments that are mentioned here, you will be surprised at what a BIG difference the small things make.
      keep plugging away!
      perb31
      "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

Hi Camille, you are off to a good start, just keep at you'll get there.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

How do you see my site?

Comment

Ballester
            You will get more reviews if you start your own thread. :- )
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I needed that. I knew that all my links were not working I'm still trying to pull things together. I think I will need a few more reviews before it finished. Right now I am trying out Jalbum for my catalogs.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi, was looking at this page http://www.mingshouseoffashion.com/shoegallery.php & wasn’t sure on the use of the light box? When you click on the image it only increases the image in size by a few percent, & it has distorted the images on the page. Might be worth doing away with it unless you have some larger images.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,

That was one of my questions earlier about the light box. I notice in ser=veral of my Thumbnails the image does not increase in size when I am viewing the site. How can I make the image increase in size. Also, has anyone used JAlbum. How does it work.

Ming

Comment

Hi Ming, The light box or any other image program will not increase the size of a small image. With light box, you have to start off with a large image (IE: 600x400).
                    But fore your situation I wouldn’t recommend the light box. This is really for 1or2 images per page & not a catalogue. The reason being is that the thumbnail images are the same size in KB’s as the lager ones that show’s when you click on the small one.. If you need to have an image enlarger from a thumbnail? The gallery is a better option, but remember to check the create thumbnail check box in the images properties area. But you will still need larger images than the ones you are using.
                    In saying this, I think you would get away with just using the ones you have with no pop-up’s. Just don’t use the handles on the side of the image to resize them. It will distort them again.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X