X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Names purchased and not sure what to do with them

Hello

I am not sure if this is the right section to ask about domain names that I purchased.

I have a domain name birthepollmeier.com which is my main website as a photographer and recently purchased another domain name weddingphotographerdublin.com

Question is what is the best thing to do with that domain name I purchased? Do I create another website and purchase another hosting site under that name? I heard if I am correct that it is a bad idea to park that domain under my main domain website because SEO will not like it. Can anyone advise me the best solution to this as I do have other related domain names purchased and try avoid paying a lot more money.

I appreciate your help with this

Thanks a mill

Re: Domain Names purchased and not sure what to do with them

With Vodahost you can have as many websites as you wish on one hosting package. just add it to hosting and start to build.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

That previous post really didn't answer your question at all, but I will attempt to help you understand the nuances of having multiple domains in the same account which may or may not be associated with the same business....

Yes, it is true that having multiple domains in the same hosting account present some peculiar Rules that must be followed so as not to fall into disfavor by the Search Engines, but they are not difficult to comply with at all. Some posts have already been made that clearly demonstrate the same concerns that puzzle you, and reviewing them may help provide some understanding. Here are the basics:

1. Do not create multiple sites for the same business, as this invariably creates "duplicate content' and is one of the most serious SE offenses that will result in severe penalties. Some have tried to skirt the issue by creating websites with as much as 60% all-new and unique content (a much less degree of "uniqueness" than even required page-to-page within a single site - the Rule is each page must be at least 80-85% unique), but eventually discovered that they were penalized by the Search Engines on ALL sites nonetheless, the majority of them penalized permanently (on each Domain, not website). Multiple Sites For Same Business?

2. Do not create links between sites in the same hosting account, whether or not you feel there is significant relevance between them or not. Invariably also, such practices are clearly "interlinking" in the least and "bowling" in the worst, and all such linking strategies will be evaluated as "Black Hat SEO" methods by the SE's immediately, especially since the sites are withion a single hosting account and share an IP address. Linking Between Sites | Link Types | Sites Penalized | Black Hat SEO to Avoid

3. Do not create 301-redirects, but rather choose one of the following 2 methods: A. At the Domain cPanel, FORWARD the Domain that is deemed "lesser" to your Main Domain, for in this way there is not negative SEO affect upon any domain at all, since all metrics are attribute to the Destination Domain, not to a Domain that has no site or other characteristic associated with it; B. Create a single-page "referral" website for each secondary Domain, inviting visitors to proceed to your Main site. Also on this single page portal, you can have some AdSense placed to captialize on the potential divergence of traffic to earn some revenue. This minimal content and a single "outbound link" to your Main website is not enough to create a violation, and by the addition of AdSense, you will contribute to a more dynamic Content aspect that will diminish the fact you are promoting an outbound link yourself.
      * If your Domains are generic, normally occurring terms or relevant words-based, forwarding the to a Main Domain if not in use is a smart way to "activate" them as far as Search goes (as they will come up if the User types in similar words or phrases) and can then provide an additional degree of referring traffic organically to your site.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello,

I read this interesting topic because I have a site: www.thecementgrindingoffice.com which is dedicated to the cement grinding technology, and I just purchased and registered a new domain: www.themininggrindingoffice.com which is dedicated to the mining grinding technology. Must I consider both sites as a same business or not, taking into consideration that some keywords will be the same, some pages seems to be similar (but calculators are mostly different).
        I will appreciate your opinion before to send the new site on air.

MP

Comment

The reply I made above is really quite clear. What is it that you do not understand fully?

I would advise you to read completely (including the links to other threads) numbers 1-3 so you too, do not become the victim of your own assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            The reply I made above is really quite clear. What is it that you do not understand fully?

I would advise you to read completely (including the links to other threads) numbers 1-3 so you too, do not become the victim of your own assumptions.
            Thank you very much for your quick reply.
            Your "03-10-2012" reply is well explained and I read it like I mentioned in my post but like you wrote, there are nuances of having 2 sites in the same account.
            The problem is that the Search Engine is not human and cannot see nuances, it is 0 or 1.
            If I read between the lines of your post, it is better to buy an other account to be sure not to have problems in the future for both sites.
            Fortunately, there will not be a third site of grinding because I am not spe******t in grain mill...

Comment

You don't get it: you are not so clever to out-smart the Search Engines by creating two websites that are dedicated to the same business and/or methodology appear as different and separate at all ... the Search Engines are not only more intelligent than you think, but they are also proficient beyond your own ability to evaluate relevance and the baseline worth of Content and simple composition!

You are better off simply forwarding your second domain to your first, for even if you do get another hosting account for true separation, unless the sites are fully (read in here 'professionally') optimized and tightly designed and composed with 90%+ unique new Content, they will still show up as possible violating duplications and be flagged nonetheless just due to the fact the same "tools" and core information is presented.

But, as I warned the other individual (who did not heed my advice and is still smarting from the consequences), you are entirely free to do what you want in the manner which you choose to do it!

Comment

Yes, if I understand well, mybe it is better to "include" the contents (or pages) of the 2nd site in the first one.
                Now, my question is: how to attract mining engineers with a website called "thecementgrindingoffice"?
                I have to think a bit more before to take a decision...

Comment

No, you do not understand ... still. Stop trying to find a way around the bold premise (of #1) and trying to read in-between the lines ... you err in this alone, let alone have a real chance to find a loophole to use!

FORWARD the Domain and stop trying to figure out a way to essentially "re-create" the same site!!!

But, again ... do whatever YOU think is best, and accept the results wholly.

Comment

Working...
                  X