Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new today....

Hi all.

Please feel free to overhall my new site.

www.blackpoolmjchamps.com

Its aim is to be simplistic.

Thank you

Re: new today....

Overall the site reminds me of a squeeze page used by affiliate one a be’s, which in my case means move on. Your idea of having a simple design has been accomplished but i would strongly advise you think again. Your home page has no text on what so ever, not good for seo or google ranging,
    you have to ask yourself these questions.

What do we want from the site.
    what is the aim of the site.
    Do we what to attract members.
    Do we want to look cheap or professional.

Don’t be afraid to experiment with your design there are plenty of free software out there to help you build the site of your dreams. Also plenty of good people here that offer there advise free and only to willing to help out.

Just a few pointers on the pages you have done so far.

Categories: The text is longer than the white box,

Rules: Same again,

Ticket/booking: no link on the Click Here

Hotel: The link to the hotel on the page should open in new browser window. Keeps viewer on your site.

Contact Us: not advisable to have your email address on your page ether as text or linked as emailto: format as to is open to spam, would look at encrypting the email address.

I know that my comments probably hit a nerve but it’s best some pointed things out honestly than to plod on regardless.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hi Alien Dude.

Thanks for the info, time for me to pick your brains......

Re the page text. I have altered the page perameters and the text box still reaches the bottom of the page (but only when published( it looks fine in design mode), same in rules. Why is that??

I am aware of the link for tickets..... Still waiting for the wife to forward me a form!!!

Agree totally with the hotel page comment, will get that done.

I'm interested in your encrypting emails idea, have no idea what to do so feel free to let me know, the more info the better.

Nothing has been taken to heart, its all good advice that i can work with. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by achance2dance View Post
        Hi Alien Dude.

Thanks for the info, time for me to pick your brains......

Re the page text. I have altered the page perameters and the text box still reaches the bottom of the page (but only when published( it looks fine in design mode), same in rules. Why is that??

Did you copy and paste the text from word or another publishing text tool. if so this can effect what is publish in the html. for best results paste the text into NotePad first this will get rid of any formatting put in by Word.
        Then copy from there eneter it onto your page. you can then adjust font, size, colour from the tool bar.

I am aware of the link for tickets..... Still waiting for the wife to forward me a form!!!
        lol don't blame her ha ha you gona get a slap for that one'

Agree totally with the hotel page comment, will get that done.

I'm interested in your encrypting emails idea, have no idea what to do so feel free to let me know, the more info the better.
        Encrypting can be done HERE paste the code they give into a html box, you will have to move it about a bit until it's in the right place but well worth it.

Nothing has been taken to heart, its all good advice that i can work with. Thank you.
        No Problem and good luck.
        and you get stuck on anything else just ask away on the forum.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Alien Dude...... I pulling my hair out now... I have taken the text, ran it through NotePad and it still the same. I have re-typed all of the text and re-published and its still the same.

Any other idea's please.

Comment

Well the categories fits now on to the white background. on my browser.
            so don't pull to much hair out your getting there.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

So why is it not changing on my page? i have creared my cache and all internet tempory files and it is missing some of the bottom text on the wifes laptop....

Help needed please Dude

Comment

I just did a test and all was good. but i did delete the old text box and put a new one on. i done what what was explained above and seems ok. used font Arial size 12. example
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

- Your catagory page, the background isn't long enough. The text runs off the background/page
                  - Your Rules page the same
                  - Once I have clicked on the presentations2010 link, once on the page, there is no back
                  link to the homepage, which is a big-no no.

I personal feel that you can achieved much more with this website. Its a nice topic to design about. With little creative elements, the webiste will be much more intresting. Currently, it doesn't let me feel like dancing...

Other than that, nice and clean. Website loads fast.
                  Professional Photography Services Pretoria
                  Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

yes , website loads very fast , but i think is to simple you can do better

Comment

Working...
                    X