Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good Laugh? My 1st four pages

Hello kind people,

This is very early days, and before I go any further I thought I would share my site with you all for a little expert mob critique. www.mywayweightloss.com

It is a work in progress. I would like to pop google and VH ads into the blank white spaces at the sides when I learn how. Also, I intend to build a blog, member area, & password protected download in soho but waiting for an account reset with support before I can download.

Privacy and Unsubcribe features at bottom are not working yet.

This is my very first site and many thanks to the people who have helped so far.

I have used the resizer on pictures, is the speed of site okay?

Any comments most appreciated
    Kind regards
    Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Re: Need a good Laugh? My 1st four pages

First off your off to a good start alot of tweaking to do. In internet explorer there overlapping on your homepage and products page. Have your free membership on a different page of its own. The picture on the homepage looks strecthed out looks scary looking use a pix resizer. The titles of your pages need strong keywords or phases thats in content that on that page. You have no meta tag keywords in the meta tag at least 5 but no more than 20. your meta tag decsription needs work the best weight value program in the world will not cut it. Need a good tweaking all around your site needs to be strong for this area there are tons of site like this you want to stand out amongst your competitors.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks heaps jkadin, yep alot to do and a lot of valuable info to digest for the little grasshopper. I will have to read up on meta tag threads to sort this bit out. Great critique I think.
      Kind regards
      Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Hi, ditto with above. You have nearly 1meg of just images & really need to bring the page down to around the 200kb mark.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

looking nice, very nice.....
          sigpic
          Live and Let live
          www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
          www.discoverpopotla.com
          www.villadeflorencia.com
          www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Thanks Chris and Rangok for your comments.
            Kind regards
            Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Nice looking site Alex and although I'm not qualified to comment on the technical things, I feel that, in order to establish and retain credibility with any business, spelling and grammar are of vital importance, so....a couple of points you may like to address:

Products page...."Discrete" - not discreet and
              "delivery with Australia" - " within Australia " would be better.

Feedback page.... "your" should be " you're"

Sorry to be pìcky

Good luck with it!
              Casita Limonares
              Bay Watch Spain

Comment

You are off to a very good start. You do have some over lapping on the products page in IE. The pictures below and the add to cart are running into the word phrasing. On your home page you have some errors in IE see the image I have posted below. Very nice site, keep up the good work.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Comment

Bird and Leethesign I thank you so much.
                  I am so pleased you picked up on the grammar Leethesign, and Bird I can't believe I didn't see the error you found. Excellent work from you both.
                  As a special prize I would like to offer all of those who have contributed feedback my Ebook on weight loss for free - no catch! Yes, I did write it and no I don't believe it is bolony.

I am still questioning whether the long pages of blurb are necessary to entice people to try or whether a short ***** version, take it or leave it this approach would work. All the other weight loss sites seem to mirror my 1st version and I wonder if the punter is tired of this approach?
                  Kind regards
                  Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

hi...good start...but you need to check your text...there have some overlaping..

www.bluelemonstudio.com

Comment

Thanks asamboy for comment.
                      I have added space to pages to correct overlapping problem with text, hopefull it is cured but I do find it curious that sometimes when I view online the blue border appears to overlap so I upload again and page goes back to normal...very interesting...

I will change and crop photos shortly to reduce page load times, but really must investigate and learn more about the meta tag piece.

If anyone does want a free copy please simply enter details on feedback page. Who knows you may even give me feedback about the book.
                      Kind regards
                      Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

I'm looking in FF and your pages look Ok. I agree with what's been said, like the home page is a little long winded. Keep up the good work!!
                        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Okay folks,

Following the enormously helpful feedback I have now given the site a MAGIC makeover. I am hoping that you will notice a much improved cleaner, easier site.
                          Any further advice on site and the Meta tags would be most welcome before I start building my other sites.

PS Jkadin, I now laugh when I read you first comments about it being scary. You were right!! (hopefully it isn't scary anymore)
                          Kind regards
                          Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Working...
                          X