Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• un-installing a program from c-panel

Hello

If I install a program from C-panel (fantastico) such as php, can I un-install it later if I don't see it usefull??

Thanks
    Gullekian
    www.geemax.net
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

Re: un-installing a program from c-panel

No you cant UNINSTALL php.. thats a server based script. If you install any of the programs in fantastico, then yes, return to fantastico to uninstall it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,

So how can I check before installing phpbb2, that this is what I need?
      Is there any way I can check or test it?

and also can the phpbb2 be modified for my needs or I am limited with what it has?

Thanks
      www.geemax.net
      Gullekian

www.geemax.net
      www.dikranandkelly.com
      www.bjvino.com

Comment

phpbb2 isnt the newest.. they do have phpbb3 that you can install yourself.

Yes it can be modified.. and How do you expect me to know what your needs are. I mean.. I am a Woman.. and I indeed know a great many things.. but I have no idea what you are trying to do other than create a forum. If a forum is what you want then it will do quite nicely.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Karen

Sorry for my late reply, but I was in the hospital last 2 weeks, I had a small operation, but it's ok for now.

What I am trying to develop is a website for our community, my aim is to have 20 to 30 thousands members in it.

Besides the group forum discussion, I want to put a members directory listing, a business directory listing, a market place where people can advertize their products, a run-onsite advertizing system and so on; I would add up other applications with the growth of the site.

The problem is that I know nothing about IT business, I made my first site with Blue Voda, www.geemax.net and that was very easy, just putting pictures and text and publish it, but this one has more programming to do.

I've been looking to some of the programs in Fantastico, and my head is turning, I don't know which one would be suitable for me. I wanted to try one by one and see how they're working but when you said I cannot undo the phpBB I didn't do anything. Probably I'll install the other ones and try since I can un-install them later.

And now I have another problem, yesterday I downloaded the CCleaner, and I made a registry clean, and all my drivers have disappeared, when I open the device manager, it's empty, there is nothing inside. my scanner, my printer, the USB phone, they're all not working, so I guess I have to re-format the C drive and re-install all the programs again, I don't know if I can get them back.....

Thanks
          Gullekian

www.geemax.net
          www.dikranandkelly.com
          www.bjvino.com

Comment

if all your drivers are missing try this, actual your drivers are not gone but if they are you would want to find the model of you printer scanners and any thing that is hookup to your computer contact the website of the items and you can download them from those particular websites. but you must put in the model number and search for that particular item that is hookup to your computer. then once you install the drivers then window will automatic install them back in the computer for that particular item that you have hookup to you computer. one more thing do install the drivers so widows can install then to active you particular items you have hookup to your computer

Comment

You can re install your drivers from windows without reformatting. What it sounds more like to me is that .. your computer crashed.. due to power out or someone just unplugged it and didnt shut it off. Sometimes this can JUMP the bios and bios will dump your devices. What you need to do is restart your computer and hit the dele or whatever key it tells you to.. to enter the setup mode for the computer. Then.. you can configure all your hardware back in there and all its ports. Then when you save and exit here.. and reload windows.. windows should find and reinstall all your devices and hardware.

This isnt a disk problem.. it will be bios or motherboard. If you have a system that everything is written on disc by the manufacturer.. then you may have to restore factory settings which will then also reformat your hard disk.

... as for what you NEED .. you need to look at a CMS (content management system) like Joomla.. and then install a forum in a subdomain. this should work for all your content and community.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen,

You’re right it’s not a computer problem because my computer is working fine, I have access to all the files, it’s only the drivers.

The technician is coming tomorrow, I’ll ask him to go to the set up mode as you said and see if he can fix the bios. I don’t mind reformatting the computer and start all over again, I might work on it on the week end, it needed a good clean any ways, but what I’m worried about is this what’s going to happen everytime I run the CCleaner to clean the registry?? Or I am doing something wrong…….

Regarding my other website, I saw the Joomla as well as the others, they’re not so bad, but I am aiming to have between 20000 to 50000 people joining the group, and I want to have something designed specially for their needs if I can, even though if I have to pay for a programmer to put something nice, especially the advertisement section which I don’t know how to do it.

So far I got 5 applications, I will interview them next week, and see their charges, and take it from there…..

Thanks a lot for your help
                Gullekian

www.geemax.net
                www.dikranandkelly.com
                www.bjvino.com

Comment

Well the problem is that I don’t even know how many drivers were in there. Some of it, such as scanner, printer, USB phone etc. I have the CD I can reinstall the drivers, but many were installed by windows during the set up so I don’t know what were in there. When I open my device manager, it’s empty, and it used to be full.......
                  Gullekian

www.geemax.net
                  www.dikranandkelly.com
                  www.bjvino.com

Comment

Can you do a system restore..? Whens the last time you knew it was working? I could try to explain how to find them and whats installed on your computer.. but thats a mess to type out.

Try system restore.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I tried to do that, but unfortunately the system restore was set on "off" position, so the earliest restore that I could get was after I ran the CCleaner, I couldn't go back to earlier date.

I don't even know if the system restore should be set up "on" or "off" position, I am not an IT person, so I don't know these things, but I remeber once my cousin told me to keep it on "off" position, I don't know why......
                      Gullekian

www.geemax.net
                      www.dikranandkelly.com
                      www.bjvino.com

Comment

Working...
                      X