Image Not Appearing and Other Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Not Appearing and Other Issues

Hello! I'm a technologically challenged type - I have my site published but there are some problems that I can't resolve-

1) I was told that I had misnamed the files for my site incorrectly and that's why the menu bars didn't work properly. The lady who assisted me from Blue Voda renamed them and told me to correct the files for my second domain (uses the same site) and re-publish. However, I don't know how the files were misnamed - what was wrong with them, or how to make the required corrections.

2) I had one photo on my index page that would not show up on the published page. I was told that I hadn't published it in my images folder - that I should do so and re-publish the page. I changed to another photo - one from my images folder, but it still doesn't appear on the published page.

3) On the page "Classes", there are two images, one laid on top of the other, that weren't there before. I need to remove them but am unable to do so...

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Re: Image Not Appearing and Other Issues

Okay- now the only issue I have left is #3. The images appear when I preview the page but not otherwise...except on the actual internet website. I can't remove them...any ideas?

Comment

would you like to link us to your site??
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Do you have solutions about the images that won't go away? I can't delete them, tried putting a bar (from "shapes") over them...nothing works...

Comment

....it would be easier for someone to help you if they could see the problem as you see it.....
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Okay - how do I link you to my site?

Comment

just type in the www address of your site here :)

Comment

It's http://www.omahakungfu.net

Comment

1. Your wesite is insanely too wide. Re-think it completely, Phillip, keeping it no wider than 960 for total compliance and universal viewability.
                  2. I cannot see any overlapping images, etc. to indicate what problem you are describing, so no help here.

To find out if the objects are on the page in question, simply press CNTL+A at the same time to highlight everythin on your Blue Voda pages .... this often reveals transparent objects and others items easiuly thwarting your efforts to individually manipulate them.

If you are in fact unable to delete any object inserted/imported onto your Blue Voda web page, then this is the first time I have heard of such a challenge!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Is it possible that your monitor configuration, in combination with the page Height property, displays in your BV workspace only the upper part of the page, so you can't see (and delete) these two images.
                    Go in your Classes page. The two overlapping images are in the bottom. Go in Page Properties, and change the page Height to something like 2000 so you can scroll further down. Use the side scroll bar to scroll down and see if you can now see these two images.

Your menu opens the last two pages in new windows, which can be very annoying for visitors.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I changed the page height to 2000 but I can't see the images on the page...! Weird. They don't appear on the work page but they do appear on the site via the internet.

Yes, I don't know why the menu opens the last two pages in new windows...

Comment

These are the links to your problem images:

http://www.omahakungfu.net/images/bv01029.jpg
                        http://www.omahakungfu.net/images/bv_img3_01.jpg

You can either goto your cPanel>Legacy File Manager or your FTP to delete the images.

Be careful you do not delete the same images in your Vertical Banner which has identical links.
                        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Yes, I made the pages smaller as per Mr. Vasili but I am unable to republish them - I go through the publish process but the pages remain the same...

Comment

Actually, the index page changed when republished, but the others didn't...

Comment

Working...
                            X