X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating BlueVoda to Joomla

Hello
    Is there some tutorial or set of instructions to replace the old pages built and published with BlueVoda with new ones built using Joomla!?
    If not, can you please provide some tips?
    Thanks in advance
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Re: Migrating from BlueVoda to Joomla!

There is no such "Tutorial" or documented methodology, because it simply cannot be done. The only thing you can do, however (when manually re-creating Content via COPY+PASTE), is include in the overall duplication is migrate the unique graphical assets (logo, images, color scheme, etc.) to better perpetuate a visual continuity between the sites.

This manual configuration of CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.) to reset the Fonts, Colors, module display, and other elements is something that requires a good deal of coding knowledge, and is not something the beginner is apt to be capable of accomplishing ... which is why people "specialize" in offering such services, and why more increasingly everyone typically opts to use a drag-and-drop Framework to accomplish the easy "design methodology" similar to what you have become familiar with from using BlueVoda.

Do a good Google Search using "Joomla Framework" and "Joomla drag and drop editing" to learn as much as you can before you begin this particular re-design/migration. You'll be glad you took the time ....

Interesting comments on "Comparisons"
    Alternative DragAndDrop Editor Extensions
    Azura Responsive Page Site Builder for Joomla
    Awesome Responsive Joomla Templates and the VERTEX Joomla Framework from Shape5 (I use VERTEX for all my Wordpress!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Migrating from BlueVoda to Joomla!

Hello Vasili:

Thanks for your rush reply.
      I am afraid I was not clear enough in my question.
      In fact, a few pages built with Joomla! were already uploaded to my site and tested there, finding they are working OK. So far, these pages are in a separate, hidden directory, not open to the public. The idea is to build here the rest of the pages using the templates already developed under Joomla!.
      The template for the first pages were designed by an external programmer and my job will be to add the other pages using those templates. So far, I have been watching video tutorials of Joomla! and have started understanding how it works, the same way I did at its time with BlueVoda.

The real questions are
      a) which of the files and directories created originally with BlueVoda are to be left there untouched. in order the site does not crash, and which ones have to be deleted, and
      b) how to configure the hidden directory with the new pages for making the pages there accessible to the public.

Regards
      German
      www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Re: Migrating BlueVoda to Joomla

Prior to making your Joomla site the MAIN site for the domain, you should create a separate folder using FILE MANAGER via cPanel to store these BV-generated web pages. Should you name this new sub-folder "static" for example (as in "static" website), the URL would thus look like this: www.alfil-sa.com/static/

Once you thus "clean out" Root Directory (the public_html/ directory on your domain) by moving your BV site files to this new directory (you can simply use the drag-and-drop method within FILE MANAGE), you can then install your Joomla site (your developer knows how to do this for you), thus replacing your BV site with the new Joomla site. You can then easily create more pages as you desire ....

The key aspect to remember is that ANY directory (be it the Root directory of your main Domain or a sub-folder directory upon your domain) can only have ONE "index" page (one "site" really) and therefore needs to have separate directories for each site to function properly .... and the PHP index page of the Joomla installation will over-ride the BV HTML index page every time.

You don't need to "hide" your sub-folder .... it just will be naturally hidden, simply due to not being promoted (or "visible"), unless you specifically provide a link to a specific page: www.alfil-sa.com/static/english/condensers.html for example .... (this example shows a folder for "english" version as well, if you want to provide that and not force Visitors to rely upon their Browser offering to translate your pages -- IF their browser has that built-in functionality, and most Mobile -- or phone -- browsers do not) ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Migrating BlueVoda to Joomla

Thanks, Vaisili, for your help.
          I will do as instructed by you

Best regards
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
          X