Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help we with align thing

Hi
    I want to make a site that all the content ( images , text , etc ) are align to center of the page .
    The problem i have that i can make it centerd at my screen resolution ( 1024-768 ) but when i view it at another screen resolution there will be too much space from one side .
    I want all my contents to be aligned to the center , will you please help me out ?
    Regards

Re: Please help we with align thing

To center properly, your pages need to be no more than 800 pixels wide. You'll probably have to do some rebuilding, but it will be worth it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Can you explain more please ? I think it is already more than 800 pixels wide ( i think ) .

Comment

Originally posted by bestlinksonweb
        Can you explain more please ? I think it is already more than 800 pixels wide ( i think ) .
        That's why Racefan said they should be no more than 800 pixels wide. You will need to adjust your page properties and move some of your page content around. Ensure, before you re-publish, that your page width is set to 800 and the 'centre in browser' box is checked.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
          That's why Racefan said they should be no more than 800 pixels wide. You will need to adjust your page properties and move some of your page content around. Ensure, before you re-publish, that your page width is set to 800 and the 'centre in browser' box is checked.
          Ahhhhh .. Ok thanks , I found in the page propertis that the page width is 800 and height 600 .
          One more thing can you tell me where 'centre in browser' box is ?

Comment

Ahhhhh .. Ok thanks , I found in the page propertis that the page width is 800 and height 600 .
            One more thing can you tell me where 'centre in browser' box is ?
            It's located near the bottom of the first window you see after selecting 'page properties'.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              It's located near the bottom of the first window you see after selecting 'page properties'.
              Thanks man . I did what you told me , the page is better now but there is some difference between the right side and the left side , one of them is a little wider than the other , any help ? Sorry for any inconveniense .

Comment

You most likely have an element still outside the 800px parameter. Note that setting the size in page properties isn't enough - if you have any elements outside of the target size, BV will automatically resize the page to accomodate them.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

No there is no such thing , the page contain image ( less than 800 pixel ) , a background image ( 10 pixel ) and text . Sorry if i am bothering you and thanks for your help

Comment

No there is no such thing , the page contain image ( less than 800 pixel ) , a background image ( 10 pixel ) and text . Sorry if i am bothering you and thanks for your help

You need to begin building your page tight at the top and at the left hand corner of your page ... and if you add any borders afterwards it will also throw things off.

Sometimes as well, we have added a text box, didn't add anything, and forgot about it, choose select all and everything will light up in blue for you to see if anything is outside of these recommended sizes ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, if you get a bit lost, it can sometimes be better to publish the page & post the url, so we can see the problem a little more clearly, so we can give some extra help if needed.

Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok i got back
                        First thanks to everybody tried to help me
                        Second i don't have a webspace yet ( until i finish building my site ) so i will upload the .bvp file so you can take a look at it .
                        this file contain just an image ( 700*140 ) and the center in browser box is checked , although the page is not centerd in 1024*768 and you can't look at it in the higher resolution ( it is very ugly )
                        Here is the file :

Please tell me what is the problem and what to do !!
                        Regards

Comment

I had a look, but the page did not load. Wish I had better news for you, keep trying!
                          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Hi. You can’t upload a BV page as a working & live page, you can only publish. This will also only publish & work on a Vodahost server. If you upload a BV file it just becomes a downloadable file.
                            There are some details about a VH account here. http://www.vodahost.com/prices.htm

Good luck.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have downloaded and opened your page. It only contains one image, which is 700 wide. Being the page width set at 800, it will cause your page to be NOT centered.
                              Please note that the "center in browser" feature will center the page in the predefined width (which, in your case, is set to 800) so it is obvious that a 700 px wide image, will not result centered unless you manually center it in the 800 (leaving 50 pxls at each side).
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X