This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving pages in BV...What's my bug? a story...hmmm

I have four pages to my wonderful new website (great beginnings!) and have saved them accordingly. I call them my four main pages. When I want to work on them I
    1. open Blue Voda...
    2. open an existing page to work on
    The four main pages I have saved show and I choose one
    3. from the page I am working on I go into files on the toolbar and migrate to one of the other three main pages to work on at whim

I have started building a fifth (child) page and have saved it accordingly. The next day I am ready to work on my pages again and I
    1. open BV
    2. open an existing page to work on.
    The four pages I had saved....wait....four? The child page saved the other day is there. Hmm...three of the main pages I had saved....where's the fourth? There should be five. I had originally saved (before saving the fifth) four main pages.
    3. from an existing page I have opened I go into files on the toolbar to see if I can find the missing page.......I can't.

I find it by going into preview mode and clicking on its navigation bar. But can't work on it in BV.

What's my bug?

Re: Saving pages in BV...What's my bug? a story...hmmm

<The four pages I had saved....wait....four? The child page saved the other day is there. Hmm...three of the main pages I had saved....where's the fourth? There should be five. I had originally saved (before saving the fifth) four main pages.
    3. from an existing page I have opened I go into files on the toolbar to see if I can find the missing page.......I can't.
    I find it by going into preview mode and clicking on its navigation bar. But can't work on it in BV.
    What's my bug?>

Hi there,
    I think I have a clue of what happened.
    Basically, the fifth page is missing somewhere in your hard drive and you can locate it by going preview mode on one of remaining pages and click on a link that you already put there, right?
    You cannot find it by searching on toolbar files because there is room for 4 last items only.
    The only logical explaination is that you saved it in a wrong place and I guess that you saved it as a template by mistakely clicked on Save as Template instead of Save Page As. Try to locate it first by opening Templates in Blue Voda. If no result, use search feature of windows by clicking start then search. The page has to be somewhere in your hard drive.
    Hope this will help, good luck to you.
    Quyhurry

Comment

I agree, this is a common problem. People save pages, images etc... and they do not
      remember where they saved them. BlueVoda creates a file in your My Documents and all
      files are saved in their by default. But this is easy to change with press of one button.
      Just be aware where you are saving your stuff and you will be ok.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Saving pages in BV...No more bug

I found all my pages in My Documents as per Blue Voda default save. I didn't realize the file tab in toolbar had room for only four. Any way of making room for more on this tab? Looking for one less click to click I guess.

Thank you for your time and help guyhurry.

P.S. I've purchased wysiwyg software and couldn't get past the first page with such ease and use of tools Blue Voda offers. Thanks Mr. Administrator.

Mary

Comment

You're welcome Mary:)
          I noticed that Microsoft Word saves the last 4 items in their file tool bar too, so may be they think 4 is enough to work on. Eventually you have to make more than 5 pages and it won't help much if they make 5 saved items.
          I creates new folder for each websites and put all related pages in each one. It helps me to be more organized.
          Cheers,
          Quyhurry

Comment

4,5,6,7 when do we stop? The drop down file menu remembers the last 4 files you
            worked on. 4 is the industry standard. Just remember all files are save in your BV folder
            in My Documents and you will be ok.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
              I agree, this is a common problem. People save pages, images etc... and they do not
              remember where they saved them. BlueVoda creates a file in your My Documents and all
              files are saved in their by default. But this is easy to change with press of one button.
              Just be aware where you are saving your stuff and you will be ok.
              Thanks for the tip. I am new at this and hope you will be patience with me
              and hello?
              Richard Taber

Comment

Working...
              X